The Student Room Group

What's this type of coat called?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nick1sHere
Well you did make a thread asking about it...

I made a thread asking what type of coat it is. That guy's reply amounted to "****ing google it" Obviously I already did that. The link he posted did not ahve the answer anyway hence why I gave up on googling it and made this thread.
Reply 21
Original post by -aTOMic-
A dress.

You have been going out with the wrong sort of girls if you think that is a dress.
Reply 22
Original post by S.R
I made a thread asking what type of coat it is. That guy's reply amounted to "****ing google it" Obviously I already did that. The link he posted did not ahve the answer anyway hence why I gave up on googling it and made this thread.

It clearly stated "Long Coat" what more do you want from it?
Out of interest, does anyone know where I can buy a red coat like this? But perhaps stopping at knee length or lower.
(I'm a Dante fan boy.)
Reply 25
Original post by Jamie95
It clearly stated "Long Coat" what more do you want from it?

Are you retarded or something? I ask what is the name of the type of coat, someone pipes up "a long coat" Well no **** the coat is indeed long but that is obviously not the name of the style of the coat.
Reply 26
Original post by AgentSushi

Yeahh googling "greatcoat" gave this coat with the same collar

So I think you could be right. Thanks a lot for helping :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by S.R
Are you retarded or something? I ask what is the name of the type of coat, someone pipes up "a long coat" Well no **** the coat is indeed long but that is obviously not the name of the style of the coat.

I found the same coat on ebay and it says:
[h="1"]Mens Wool Cashmere Coat Jacket Outerwear Trench OverCoat Warm Winter Lined[/h]So I was right the first time?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Wool-Cashmere-Coat-Jacket-Outerwear-Trench-OverCoat-Warm-Winter-Lined-/230864387863?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D126%26meid%3D3786613493239089329%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1071%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D320605921930%26
Reply 28

We've established that it's a greatcoat. The process is someone suggests a name and I google it. If the coat comes up in most of the pictures then it is the right answer. Googling "overcoat" did not bring up the style of coat in any of the pictures. It is clearly just a generic term for any coat you put over a suit.
An Epsom Coat?

Quick Reply

Latest