The Student Room Group

Take the empathy test..

Scroll to see replies

Tried to answer as honestly as possible-53 :smile:
Reply 61
46. Tried to be as honest and fair as I possibly could :smile:
Quite a lot of questions. But fun wondering what I'd actually do when faced with the situation!
(edited 11 years ago)
33 - I think I probably lied on a few of the questions though. I got fed up halfway through.
20.........Ok I admit my sympathy is reserved for animals but still I'm not a complete a hole.
Original post by Michaelj
I've always known, I've had low empathy. Whilst I like my family, friends and pets etc, I've never mourned over a death of a close one... I know it's wrong because my friends and family expect more emotion out of me when one of them have died but I have to force myself to cry just to feel normal.. I also never really care anything outside my life, didn't really care about the deaths of people I don't know. I know it sounds nasty but I can't help the way I am.

I'm not sure why the question: Have you ever dissected a worm as a child? Was in the question bank though. I think everyone has dissected a worm as a child at some point.

I hated worms so I avoided them, no dissecting for me!
Reply 65
I got 44. I would never dissect a worm! I really don't like bugs and worms and snails and other stuff like that.
53! :biggrin:
I got 20, thought it would be higher...
Reply 68
Original post by GemmyMonster

I know I'm not the most empathetic person ever, but that seems low. Not sure why they talk about movies and news though, seems irrelevant.

Edit: Tried a 2nd time thinking maybe I just edged on the wrong side with some of my answers... got 14.

I don't see how "3. I try to keep up with the current trends and fashions." for instance changes how much I empathise with other people?

They talk about films and such because some people relate to film characters more than RL people. Which is a sign of a personality disorder. And you can relate to RL situations and such etc. They talk about news and stuff because it has articles and such of people getting murderered, children getting raped etc and if you don't emphasize then you'll lose points.
22 ... shameful :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by Aoide

A lot of the questions seemed more focused on perception than empathy.

i got 59 :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by S.R
cue a load of TSR nobodies posting "I failed the empathy test omg I'm so different and dangerous"

A lack of empathy doesn't measure how dangerous a person is. Perhaps if it was a "how likely are you to kill a person" test and you scored a high score then it'd be a different story. What do you expect? Do you expect people to refuse to post the score to not offend idiots like you?

Apparently lack of empathy is a lot more common in this day and age that say like 100 years ago because of the internet and such.

Just because you lack empathy does NOT mean you have a personality disorder. And even if you did, it does not make you dangerous.
Reply 72
I got 59, "above average", although some of the questions seemed a little irrelevant - what has fashion got to do with empathy? :lolwut:
I got 40. I don't think some of the questions produce valid results though - some of them are more to do with being socially awkward rather than being unable to emphasise with people.
Reply 74
40, so average. I wonder how accurate these scales are, because it only gives your own perceptions. For example, you might think you are good at interpreting social situations, but in actual fact you are rubbish.
32. Animals > Humans.
38 ntb
Reply 78
14. Ouch.
Reply 79
Original post by KJKA
60 questions. 24543105.jpg

loooooooooooooooooooool.

I thought i was quite empathetic and scored an average score of 47

Quick Reply

Latest