The Student Room Group

F297 Strategic marketing exam resit (15/01/2013)

Anyone else taking this exam? the case study is French and Harris Ltd (FHL).
Original post by Kenton009
Anyone else taking this exam? the case study is French and Harris Ltd (FHL).

I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, The case study seems OK so far and luckily our teacher gave us the APT handbook to help decipher all the crap. How you finding it?
Reply 2
Yes I am taking it!

My college organises it so that we take this exam first in our A2 year so that we have a chance to retake it. Bit weird, but I feel ready for it. I too have the APT document althoguh honestly not really finding it very useful. If anyone has any questions please fire away as it's good to talk about the case study etc. etc.

Good luck guys!
Reply 3
I have literally no help with it at all! Haha I'm on a gap Year and retaking the exam as I mucked it up last time, I'm ****ting it if I'm honest :frown:
Reply 4
could anyone who has the apt send me some mock practice essay questions pleaseeee :smile:
Reply 5
My teachers seem to agree alot of the APT questions are pretty crap. The four main one's they advise practicing are:
1) Evaluate the extent to which FHL is a succsessful business. [18] Talk about how success is different for each stakeholder and which is the most important stakeholder (Calum and shareholders, basically)

2) Recommend and justify a change strategy to improve FHL’s productivity. [18] Not 100% sure on this, looking into it now.

3)What should FHL do about the Sleep Shack enquiry? Justify your view. [18] Make sure you look at both sides of the argument in depth and actaully come to a decision!

4)Discuss how a tightening in UK fiscal policy might affect the strategic direction of FHL. [18] How it will affect revenue, how it will affect costs, what should FHL do to get through it.

Obviously be ready for anything, there will always be somthing unexpected that comes up!

EDIT: Oh, and be ready for Time Series Analysis!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks so much for that! really appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 7
How did everyone find the exam?
Reply 8
Thought it was alright! Question 3) threw me a little but once I got my head round it I thought it went alright. A lot of my classmates felt the same and alot were thrown by the last question. I tackled it as a stakeholder essay saying what they would gain from the takeover etc. but yeah on the whole I thought it was a good paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending