The Student Room Group

Information universities of my application

Hi everyone, I´m a student of the IB programme in Sweden and currently doing 7 subjects (4 HL´s and 3 SL´s). In the IB programme you´re only allowed to do 6 subjects and thus for my 7th subject I will get a certificate after I´ve done my exams. I.e. I will get a normal IB Diploma and a certificate for my 7th subject.
When I applied to medicine I put all 7 subjects (called modules on UCAS) under IB Diploma and not 6 under Diploma and one under IB certificate.
The reason for this is because my teacher couldn´t put any predicted grade for me if the 7th subject was under the qualification IB certificate, only if it it was under the IB diploma Category.

I never thought it was important, but after I just received my first rejection, I suddenly started thinking about it.
Should I inform the universities of this, or do you think they´ll understand?
Reply 1
Original post by shwareb
Hi everyone, I´m a student of the IB programme in Sweden and currently doing 7 subjects (4 HL´s and 3 SL´s). In the IB programme you´re only allowed to do 6 subjects and thus for my 7th subject I will get a certificate after I´ve done my exams. I.e. I will get a normal IB Diploma and a certificate for my 7th subject.
When I applied to medicine I put all 7 subjects (called modules on UCAS) under IB Diploma and not 6 under Diploma and one under IB certificate.
The reason for this is because my teacher couldn´t put any predicted grade for me if the 7th subject was under the qualification IB certificate, only if it it was under the IB diploma Category.

I never thought it was important, but after I just received my first rejection, I suddenly started thinking about it.
Should I inform the universities of this, or do you think they´ll understand?

It is unlikely you were rejected by that university because of this. You should contact the university asking for feedback on why you were rejected first. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending