The Student Room Group

Rearrange Interview or Not?

At the moment I am doing some work experience at a primary school, but the work I wanted to do with the older children like helping with maths, reading and ICT I can't do till next week. I was told by the teacher that I would be able to do the work this week, but on Monday she said I couldn't.

The problem is next week I have got an interview at Manchester and I wanted to have done this work before my interview. I am unsure whether I should phone and tell them that I am doing some work experience and rearrange it for a later date or to leave it. Will this look bad if i rearrange? Has anyone rearrange an interview, if so what was it like?
Reply 1
Original post by Rupa Patel
At the moment I am doing some work experience at a primary school, but the work I wanted to do with the older children like helping with maths, reading and ICT I can't do till next week. I was told by the teacher that I would be able to do the work this week, but on Monday she said I couldn't.

The problem is next week I have got an interview at Manchester and I wanted to have done this work before my interview. I am unsure whether I should phone and tell them that I am doing some work experience and rearrange it for a later date or to leave it. Will this look bad if i rearrange? Has anyone rearrange an interview, if so what was it like?

this work experience isnt that relevant, as its not healthcare, so do the interview!!!
Reply 2
Will this look bad if i rearrange? Has anyone rearrange an interview, if so what was it like?

With my interview invites last year all of the letters/emails stated at the end "We are only able to rearrange interview dates under very specific circumstances, such as illness.". So if I was you I'd stick with the interview date you've got and you can always explain at the interview about your work experience and that you hope to have it done in the next few weeks. I don't think "I have work experience organised that day." would be accepted as a valid reason to change your date. Hope that helped and good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Why on earth would you miss an interview to do some work experience (considering you have already sent off your PS and application)?

Do the interview and if you get asked, tell them that due to unforeseen circumstances, you haven't done this work experience yet but have got it planned soon. Perhaps you could even talk about what you believe you will take from the experience.
Reply 4
I got very short shrift when I tried to rearrange my Birmingham interview (for a County rugby match). Go to the interview.
Reply 5
The main reason why I want to rearrange it is because it will give me more time to prepare, I don't feel as prepared as I should.
Reply 6
As I'm sure you know it's a MMI interview, and at least two of the stations can't really be specifically prepared for - I hope it's ok to say that? - so go and you'll be fine.
Reply 7
The main reason why I want to rearrange it is because it will give me more time to prepare, I don't feel as prepared as I should.

I thought the same with my interview, and actually a small amount of prep works better, because when you're too prepared you end up expecting particular questions and sound abit like a parrot.
Plus, for MMI you cant really prepare as much.
Reply 8
did you rearrange itt then
Reply 9
im thining of reaggrnign my cln science one too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending