The Student Room Group

proudest exam result ever???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by linney
Probably my B in GCSE Maths. Was getting E's in my practice papers....have never been so relieved!

Full marks, A* in my English Lit A2 was also a particular highlight, especially when a particularly nasty classmate got a D and missed out on uni :colone:

How did you get full marks on English lit A2!!! ??:angry:
Please tell me how you did it as I'm also doing english lit!!

EDIT: Why are people negging me?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by senz72
A in GCSE English lit even though I was predicted a D. :/
Plus my school kept on assuming English was my second language presumably because of my skin colour and also due to how bad I was at it. But the weird thing is that I can barely speak my mother tongue. Awkward. :/

So it is your second language, As you basically said you can BARELY speak your MOTHER TONGUE (which is your first language)
Reply 42
Full marks in 8/11 of my exams in A2 year, the other 3 being 96-99%. I was pretty happy to say the least.
I was never overly happy with my 'older' exam results, so I'll have to say my 750/750 in the Year 5 spelling test. We had a weekly test and our scores were accumulated at the end, I was the first one to ever score 100% throughout the whole year.

I won an Usborne Puzzle Adventure book (Cobra Consignment) and a £5 WH Smith voucher.

This was 20 years ago now, wonder if they still make those Usborne books.
Reply 44
Getting 2 A*'s in both C2 and C3 in GCSE Chemistry. I got like near full marks. But it was GCSE so I don't feel like it counts lol
Reply 45
B in A level French
Reply 46
A* in IGCSE maths. Wrote it when I was 11
Reply 47
A2 Media Studies - C
A2 Computing - E
A/S maths - D

It's because these results were the crappiest results I've ever had in a significant time period of my life, yet I still managed to pull through and get myself into a Russell Group.
Reply 48
My A pass in HNC Tourism. Beat that stuck up cow in the class muhahaha! :biggrin:
My honours dissertation in law. I got an A1 (top mark possible and in the whole year), and this pushed my pretty steady 2:1 up to a first, and gave me two academic awards...couldn't have been more shocked/excited/proud when I checked the result online...my mum was crying when I told her), no one in my whole family has ever had a first. My supervisor has also suggested I try for publication. Just remembering i just now puts such a big smile on my face.

Be proud everyone, these are some amazing and inspiring stories!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
100% in my Geography A2 despite one of my teachers saying I was a lazy sod who knew nothing and would never pass :smug: He just didn't like it when I questioned him.

Needless to say on results day I went to that bastards office and shoved my results in his face, especially since it meant I was then doing Geography at uni :teehee: :h:
I have two exam results that I'm very proud of.

Getting an A in GCSE maths - because I was an hour late to the exam and I didn't get any extra time.

Getting 100% in one of the A level modules - Mechanics M1. Just because it was my favourite subject and I enjoyed it so much, the sense of achievement was good.
Reply 52
The A I got last year in my C1 maths exam (AS).

I barely scraped it but I was expecting a D so you can imagine how pleased I was :smile:

I also got 100% in one of my GCSE History papers but I'm more proud of my maths grade.
For me it was probably my 100% in Biology for GCSE, as I'd missed 2 years of school and taught myself the whole spec and didn't even think I'd pass the exam, let alone get so high!

However, I think my proudest exam moment wasn't for myself, it was for my friend. She really struggled with her mental health during her A levels and the teachers didn't give her ANY sympathy. They predicted her CCD, she ended up with A*A*A and got 100% in all of her A2 sociology exams.
Reply 54
Original post by redhead:)
dint read that properly, and just saw D* lol! thought you were mad! :biggrin: thannnkkksss :biggrin:

I just re-read what you typed. You wanted to know the best "Exam" result, and I posted my BTEC result 100% coursework 0 Exams. I am stupid. :tongue:

My proudest "Exam" result was probably a D in Art. My painting was dreadful, I honestly thought I was going to get an F.

In the Art exam, we had 10 hours to create something based on our plans throughout the year. Mine was aboriginal art or something, so I spent 10 hours dotting paint dots on an A1 piece of paper. It was super boring.
Undergraduate: 80% for my final year French translation paper, and 78% for the Spanish equivalent. :')
C in expressive art. I can't sing, dance or draw so that is easily the world's greatest fluke.
120 out of 120 in my A2 History exam on Soviet history.
I got a level 8 in Y7 Religious Studies. They gave me the wrong pape by mistake and I quoted from the Koran :awesome:
Reply 59
100% in my A2 history coursework (personal study)....I found it so hard and spend SO LONG looking for resources and it paid off :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending