Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds University Selection Day and Numeracy Test

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I've had a letter through regarding a selection day at Leeds University on the 7th of December. They say it's a selection day with a numeracy test. I'm just wondering if someone can just inform me on what is involved in a selection day, and if there is any form of formal interview during the process?

Also if anyone could advise me on the sort of things that will appear on the test, then that would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beyond_The_Norms)
    Hi there!

I've had a letter through regarding a selection day at Leeds University on the 7th of December. They say it's a selection day with a numeracy test. I'm just wondering if someone can just inform me on what is involved in a selection day, and if there is any form of formal interview during the process?

Also if anyone could advise me on the sort of things that will appear on the test, then that would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone
    It would help if you could say which course you applied for, as selection processes for each will be vastly different.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry about that. Was rather early in the morning on a night shift when I posted this.

It's for mental health nursing.

Thank you
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry about that. Was rather early in the morning on a night shift when I posted this.

Thank you
    I've moved your thread to our Nursing forum, where you're more likely to get answers from other Leeds MH applicants
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    It would help if you could say which course you applied for, as selection processes for each will be vastly different.
    i had numeracy test at leeds on the 3rd and wasnt too hard. was fractions (mutiplying them) converting fractions into decimals, adding , etcc
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjones42)
    i had numeracy test at leeds on the 3rd and wasnt too hard. was fractions (mutiplying them) converting fractions into decimals, adding , etcc
    I'm not the one asking about selection tests... You want to quote the original poster:

Thank you
    See post above ^

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: December 5, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Nursing and Midwifery Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.