The Student Room Group

Should trains have female only carriages?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaughingBro
Females-only carriages in Japan seems to be well accepted and functioning perfectly well!:smile:

But some behavioral people think that's increase in rape is due to the segregated transport
Reply 61
Original post by CJKay
Wait, what..?

So women should get their own carriages, women with children should get their own carriages, and men and men with children are clumped together..?

Wow.

I'm glad I never said that.
Reply 62
Original post by katyness
I'm glad I never said that.

Er... you sure about that?

I meant to say we need one for mothers and kids as well as another one just for women.

Fathers and their kids can go to the men's carriage. I don't care about the noise there.

I met my wife on a train carriage and I personally believe this is a ridiculous idea. Sometimes (most of the time), womens ideas need to be ignored..

Kind Regards,
Richard Dickens.
What the ****?

Of course not, what a ridiculous and sexist idea *facepalm*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 65
Original post by CJKay
Er... you sure about that?

Oh I didn't realise I worded it like that. I meant men's and then another carriage for men with children
Reply 67
At least I would be less worried about my gf, sister etc travelling in packed trains.
Reply 68
What the........
I'm in favor. Women's voices are far too shrill and annoying to be tolerable on public transport. The bare minimum should be to give them their own carriage. Further improvements could be made by allocating separate platforms, and installing sound proofing on said trains and platforms.
I don't care, I'm still getting on the carriage with the most amount of females on anyway, and IDGAF
Original post by Hylean
Segregation is not the issue. It will only create calls of sexism and piss people off. Instead of preventing the perves from acting on their impulses by separating them from the stimulation, we should be teaching the perves not to act on their impulses in the first place. Seriously.

Thank you. It's not the woman's fault is she is sexually harassed on the train. Women only carriages present the picture that women should be kept away from men because they are women. That is the wrong stance to take. Rather than blame the victim we should teach society to end sexual harassment and the people who do it to stop.
Original post by ApocalypseA
Thank you. It's not the woman's fault is she is sexually harassed on the train. Women only carriages present the picture that women should be kept away from men because they are women. That is the wrong stance to take. Rather than blame the victim we should teach society to end sexual harassment and the people who do it to stop.

Care to enlighten us as to how you teach someone who gets off on breaking societies rules, not to break societies rules?
I'm well up for it. It'll give me the chance to try out my new small camera.
Original post by Aisha~~
Care to enlighten us as to how you teach someone who gets off on breaking societies rules, not to break societies rules?

I don't pretend to know exactly how to. Perhaps we should start by raising young children without the view that women are sexual objects. I know that is easier said than done since so much of our society revolves around sexualising people and of course there is always going to be that minority who are perverts anyway. It just seems to me that putting women in a separate carriage breads more sexism and doesn't target the problem at all. It's a sort of band aid solution.
Reply 75
Maybe we should also have female only workplaces, and female restaurants, and even female towns. That way they won't be creeped on.
Original post by ApocalypseA
I don't pretend to know exactly how to. Perhaps we should start by raising young children without the view that women are sexual objects. I know that is easier said than done since so much of our society revolves around sexualising people and of course there is always going to be that minority who are perverts anyway. It just seems to me that putting women in a separate carriage breads more sexism and doesn't target the problem at all. It's a sort of band aid solution.

So, women are being viewed as sexual objects. Some of these women are being raped. Taking power over an object without consent is theft, isn't it?

What proportion of the population do you think know that theft is wrong?

Does everyday theft still happen in great numbers, despite this?

I don't care too much about this carriage thing, just too laughable.
No, why should they? I don't think our society needs to segregate sexes, we should be dealing with the issue head on, not avoiding it.

Also, this thread reminds me of this...

[video="youtube;pUkDROM5kyw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkDROM5kyw[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
It's an over reaction just because of one perv so no.
Original post by Aisha~~

You know those soc ed classes in high school where they seperate us into girls and boys groups?

They should use that time to teach women kung fu.

Then this wouldn't be a problem. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending