The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL Chemistry - CH1HP AND CH2HP (unit 1 and 2) January 2013 THREAD

Hello everyone,

As, the winter examinations is approaching, I thought it would be ideal to discuss any exam predictions - so, what type of topics are likely to come up along with questions, any exam technique help and guidance and also any resources and knowledge we could all share to help improve our grades!

Please feel free to discuss anything about the exams both, before and after! Answers to the questions 24hours after once the exam has been sat will be present here as i'll try my best to make an unofficial mark scheme if anyone wants to help please feel free to do so!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Raasib21
Hello everyone,

As, the winter examinations is approaching, I thought it would be ideal to discuss any exam predictions - so, what type of topics are likely to come up along with questions, any exam technique help and guidance and also any resources and knowledge we could all share to help improve our grades!

Please feel free to discuss anything about the exams both, before and after! Answers to the questions 24hours after once the exam has been sat will be present here as i'll try my best to make an unofficial mark scheme if anyone wants to help please feel free to do so!

:biggrin:

Hey, this is not really relevant to what you asked but i wanted to ask you for a favor. So i'm sitting CH2HP GCSE on 24/01/13 and i'm looking for past papers for the 'new specification' as on the exam sheet i was given it says duration 60, implying its 1 hour obviously but when i look for past papers for additional science chemistry gcse it has the papers but they are all 45 minutes long! Do you know where to find the new specification papers that are 1 hour? If you do can you please link them to me? Thanks
The reason why you cannot find the papers is because there hasn't been one for this unit on the new spec. The old spec which are 45mins long are not of much use really! However, i do have access to the AQA specimen paper for CH2HP. The link is: http://www.sciencelab.org.uk/support/question-papers-mark-schemes.php
Reply 3
Ahh thanks! So we're the first year to do the new spec 1 hour papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah mate, therefore the paper shouldn't be as difficult 'hopefully'

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Haha yeah "hopefully" i did ch1 last year with wjec and got full marks so... Don't see how it will be easier for me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you do WJEC?
Reply 7
On some subjects yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm very nervous about the C2 exams because my class is just like a jungle, we barely do any work, so I'm just relying on home revision, if someone can put in the key topics (I know I have to revise the all, but the main ones that are gone be the main focus on) I'd be really happy. My exam boards AQA :smile:
Reply 9
Artsy, your in a position like me, this happend to me last year but i pulled out some great grades in ch1, just go on the aqa website and look for specifications, there ain't really key topics as anything can come up, just revise everything and make sure you understand everything you learn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ good advice
Reply 11
Chemistry unit 2 paper link:

CH2HP 24 MAY 2012 QUESTION PAPER

Chemistry unit 2 mark scheme link:

CH2HP 24 MAY 2012 Mark Scheme
(edited 11 years ago)
Brilliant !

Reply 13
Original post by shibucool
Chemistry unit 2 paper link:

CH2HP 24 MAY 2012 QUESTION PAPER

Chemistry unit 2 mark scheme link:

CH2HP 24 MAY 2012 Mark Scheme

Oh nice! Thanks 😃 where did you get these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BUMP
Reply 15
Original post by abccba120
Oh nice! Thanks where did you get these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From a school website, it also has the latest a level chemistry papers!

Here's the link: http://extranet.barneyschool.org.uk/chemistry/page6.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
If you need C1 past papers here's the links:

January 2012:

Question Paper | Mark Scheme

June 2012:

Question Paper | Mark Scheme
Thank you

I am so stressed about the exams, I need to do so well so that I can take chemistry as an A- level.
Don't worry, you should be fine! Just make sure you've revised we'll I don't personally expect the exam to be hard but prepare for the worst like we did in the summer! -_- how did you do in C1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending