The Student Room Group

The official bl2hp january 2013 thread

Hello everyone,

As, the winter examinations is approaching, I thought it would be ideal to discuss any exam predictions - so, what type of topics are likely to come up along with questions, any exam technique help and guidance and also any resources and knowledge we could all share to help improve our grades!

Please feel free to discuss anything about the exams both, before and after! Answers to the questions 24hours after once the exam has been sat will be present here as i'll try my best to make an unofficial mark scheme if anyone wants to help please feel free to do so!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woo.... I'm doing this exam. What stuff do y'all think will crop up?
Honestly, i think it will be a bit on eveything! Espicially respiration as it hasn't been up yet! The majority of the questions would be analytical ones i presume like they were in the unit 1 exams. The 6 maker would probably be on embryo screening!

As it the first "official" sitting for the unit 2 i presume AQA won't go too hard on it. But, you never know! :colondollar:
Reply 3
Anyone got the June 2012 papers?
chemistry one was availiable on the thread regarding that test
Original post by Raasib21
As it the first "official" sitting for the unit 2 i presume AQA won't go too hard on it. But, you never know! :colondollar:

What exactly do you mean by that? Is this exam different to those sat in january and june 2012?
Yes this exam is different too the one which was sat in January 2012 as that was the old spec unit 2, for the additional science there has only been one sitting before which was in June 2012 the second sitting is in January 2013 :P although, unit 1 (core science) first sitting for the new spec was in January 2012 and second sitting was June 2012. :biggrin:
Original post by Raasib21
Yes this exam is different too the one which was sat in January 2012 as that was the old spec unit 2, for the additional science there has only been one sitting before which was in June 2012 the second sitting is in January 2013 :P although, unit 1 (core science) first sitting for the new spec was in January 2012 and second sitting was June 2012. :biggrin:

Oh, i didn't know, thank you :smile: The only thing is that we won't have many relavent past exam papers to practise with, but do you think i'd be worth using some past papers from the old spec even if it's not entirely the same?
Reply 8
hi i sat this in the first sitting in june and im now resitting :smile: has any one got any specimin paper that might help :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Prof Dumbledore
Oh, i didn't know, thank you :smile: The only thing is that we won't have many relavent past exam papers to practise with, but do you think i'd be worth using some past papers from the old spec even if it's not entirely the same?

propable dont there not very similar :smile: have you found any papers for the new spec
Reply 10
AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 New Spec June 2012 Question Paper + Mark Scheme:

Question Paper | Mark Scheme
Original post by shibucool

thanks you:smile:
Original post by social outcast
propable dont there not very similar :smile: have you found any papers for the new spec

Oh, i'd have thought they'd be pretty similar, but oh well, i guess it leaves us at a bit of a disadvantage in a way.

Original post by shibucool

Thank you :smile:
Oh, i'd have thought they'd be pretty similar, but oh well, i guess it leaves us at a bit of a disadvantage in a way.

some of in is some of it isn't if you wanted to use them you would need to go through at cross out lots of the questions which aren't on the spec
Original post by social outcast
some of in is some of it isn't if you wanted to use them you would need to go through at cross out lots of the questions which aren't on the spec

Oh okay then, thanks. I found a bit of a way around that, because this list: http://www.sciencelab.org.uk/gcses/additional-science-whats-changed.php shows what has changed in the specification, so I suppose that I'd probably still rather do the old ones, but like you said just cross out the irrelevent ones.

Also I found these specimen papers, but am not really sure if they are for the new specification or not, but they are probably for the new one so here are the links to anyone who wants them:

Higher Paper | Higher Mark Scheme
Foundation Paper | Foundation Mark Scheme

Hope that helps :smile: Although tell me if it was for the old spec, although i'm not sure why they'd have it on the website if it was, but you never know.
Oh okay then, thanks. I found a bit of a way around that, because this list: http://www.sciencelab.org.uk/gcses/additional-science-whats-changed.php shows what has changed in the specification, so I suppose that I'd probably still rather do the old ones, but like you said just cross out the irrelevent ones.

Also I found these specimen papers, but am not really sure if they are for the new specification or not, but they are probably for the new one so here are the links to anyone who wants them:

Higher Paper | Higher Mark Scheme
Foundation Paper | Foundation Mark Scheme

Hope that helps :smile: Although tell me if it was for the old spec, although i'm not sure why they'd have it on the website if it was, but you never know.

thats a good idea :biggrin:
does anyone have any revision notes they can post for this please because the aqa book isn't very helpful, it just doesn't go in when i'm reading that :frown:

also if anyone has notes for the c2 and p2 exam that would be helpful too! :smile:

thanks in advance
katiee xxx
Original post by MissKatiee01
does anyone have any revision notes they can post for this please because the aqa book isn't very helpful, it just doesn't go in when i'm reading that :frown:

also if anyone has notes for the c2 and p2 exam that would be helpful too! :smile:

thanks in advance
katiee xxx

try google :colondollar:
Reply 18
Well the exam was today, how was it?
Original post by Cool_Boff
Well the exam was today, how was it?

You're thinking of BL1HP, BL2HP isn't until the 22nd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending