The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Interviews!!

Heyo! Does anyone have any tips for interviews at Manchester? It's a guide tour and an interview :smile: It's next week I'm excited but really want it to be a successful one! What type of things would they ask? I've spoken to the admissions tutor for the faculty before on the phone and she seems pretty safe lol. First time ever going up north aswell..

Back to the point, what's the best possible advice you would give :biggrin:

Cheers
Reply 1
What subject are you applying for?

I was in the same position a month ago, first interview and first time north. The interview was really casual and they asked the expected questions like, why do you want to take ___ and what do you want to do after uni or why manchester? I'm on a gap year so they also asked about what I'm doing.

They told us in the intro talk that only a couple people in the room wouldn't get an offer, they basically just want to see that you are competent.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Horchata
What subject are you applying for?

I was in the same position a month ago, first interview and first time north. The interview was really casual and they asked the expected questions like, why do you want to take ___ and what do you want to do after uni or why manchester? I'm on a gap year so they also asked about what I'm doing.

They told us in the intro talk that only a couple people in the room wouldn't get an offer, they basically just want to see that you are competent.

Ah cool, thanks for the response :smile: Okay they sound like reasonable questions, would they ask alot about what you've written in your personal statement too? Do people find out if they've got the offer on the day or at home after the interview? And I'm applying for Middle Eastern Studies in the faculty of languages linguistics and cultures.
Reply 3
Original post by FreeGaza
Ah cool, thanks for the response :smile: Okay they sound like reasonable questions, would they ask alot about what you've written in your personal statement too? Do people find out if they've got the offer on the day or at home after the interview? And I'm applying for Middle Eastern Studies in the faculty of languages linguistics and cultures.

Well my interviewer mentioned the gap year stuff from my personal statement - she had definitely read through it properly.
At the end of the interview she told me that I would get an offer, and apparently for science that's very common but I don't know about languages. You will hear soon though, they will reply within two weeks.
Wear a warm, warm coat. It's grim up north.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending