The Student Room Group

Toilet cleaner in a club

OK, I have a bit of a random question but I thought I'd ask anyway. You know when you go clubbing, there's (almost) always someone working in the toilet, making sure people aren't leaving vomit or turd everywhere, and cleaning up if they do? How does one get this job? My friend wants to bet and the one who'll lose the bet will have to take this job for a month.

Would we just have to walk into a club and ask if we can work as a toilet cleaner? That sounds really weird. How would the loser apply for this job?
Reply 1
Original post by zachpostgrad
OK, I have a bit of a random question but I thought I'd ask anyway. You know when you go clubbing, there's (almost) always someone working in the toilet, making sure people aren't leaving vomit or turd everywhere, and cleaning up if they do? How does one get this job? My friend wants to bet and the one who'll lose the bet will have to take this job for a month.

Would we just have to walk into a club and ask if we can work as a toilet cleaner? That sounds really weird. How would the loser apply for this job?

Don't do it, there will be genuine people who actually want to earn money from this job.
Reply 2
Original post by iSMark
Don't do it, there will be genuine people who actually want to earn money from this job.

We'll only do it for a month as per our bet. Come on, it's fun. But how do we approach that?
We'll only do it for a month as per our bet. Come on, it's fun. But how do we approach that?

424e5daf9690d7d9bbe5672153b8e6a0.jpeg
First World Problems.

Why not just ask the guy in the nightclub? If he doesn't want to tell you, contact the club. I really hope that you don't get the job though, imagine how ridiculously shallow your life must be if you want to take a job as a joke.
Reply 4
What is the bet exactly? I'm confused. :s-smilie: I used to work in a club and I'm pretty sure the toilet people weren't actually employed by the club itself. They just came in and hung around in the toilets for as long as they wanted and just got to keep all the tips they made, and that was their pay. You need the club's permission though. The managers knew the toilet staff's names, but they didn't have anything to do with their jobs. The people bought their own lollies, deodorant etc. So yeah, I think you just have to approach the club and ask if you can work there.

ps. the ones at my work didn't clean up puke or turds. There are cleaners who come in during the day to do that, but obviously if it's grossing out the customers then someone has to do it at the time. That person was very often me :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5

You see these vacancies at the jobcentre, they are called 'toilet attendant'

We used to have one at the club where I worked a long time ago, he was Nigerian and didn't speak very much English beyond the basics, but he was a very friendly chap.

He also tried for a day cleaning position, and one of the girls who worked behind the bar at night and also did cleaning during the day said it was very strange as he tried to use the vacuum cleaner without switching it on, it was one of those Henry types - he just pushed the handle along the floor - before they gave him a mop and bucket instead.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending