The Student Room Group

PGCE Interview - Writing task

I have an interview in about 10 days and along with the one to one interview, we have to prepare a 2 minute presentation about a teaching experience we had and prepare a writing task (no longer than an A4 page) to complete while we are there. The writing task has to be about about an educational issue that you have recently read in the press or online... I have been trawling the internet but can't really find anything relevant that I could write about! Anyone got any ideas? I am Early Years specific so preferably to do with up to 7/8 year olds...
Reply 1
Also - I am hot on EYFS as my degree is in Early Childhood Studies but do not know much about the NC... Does anyone know if they will ask questions about NC in interview?
Reply 2
Good luck.. I would read up on the national curriculum as I'm sure there is a chance they'll ask about it or in relation to it! I have an interview on the 18th but haven't started reading/preparing! It seems to be of similar set up - a 3 min presentation on what I e learnt from my work experience at a school and a 300 word essay on an aspect of primary teaching. Not sure if that means I'll be given a question on the day or if I should just prepare something from now?? As well as a maths assessment and a group interview.
im really nervous.. Please let me know how it goes for you and if there's anything specific you think would be helpful for me to prepare etc? Thanks
Original post by Bemple
Also - I am hot on EYFS as my degree is in Early Childhood Studies but do not know much about the NC... Does anyone know if they will ask questions about NC in interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending