The Student Room Group

Universities that definitely don't give out offeres till 15th Jan?

I'm applying for psychology and I don't think any of the unis I've applied to give out early offers for psychology :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lillollystar
I'm applying for psychology and I don't think any of the unis I've applied to give out early offers for psychology :s-smilie:

where have you applied? Im in a similar position .... so annoying aha
Reply 2
It is so annoying! Stirling, queen Margaret, ulster, Heriot watt and Edinburgh Napier. :smile: where have you applied? What are you applying for? Good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
It is so annoying! Stirling, queen Margaret, ulster, Heriot watt and Edinburgh Napier. :smile: where have you applied? What are you applying for? Good luck!

ahhh loving scotland then i see :wink: is that because your scottish or any other reason?
Im applying for psych at Cambridge, St Andrews, Durham, Bristol and Bath :smile: Bristol's the only offer i have - all so slow aha. Good Luck to you too!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jackkkkk
ahhh loving scotland then i see :wink: is that because your scottish or any other reason?
Im applying for psych at Cambridge, St Andrews, Durham, Bristol and Bath :smile: Bristol's the only offer i have - all so slow aha. Good Luck to you too!!

Haha I'm northern Irish! But I hated queens at the open day so the only other uni here is ulster, plus my boyfriend lives in Glasgow. :P went to the Stirling open day and absolutely adored it. If I don't get in there ill cry but they apparently don't give offers till feb! :frown: plus I've lived in both England and Wales, hated both so Scotland or home it is! (Sorry for the life story, kind of just got going there haha) a boy in my class has an interview for Cambridge, for physics though.

Reply 5
Haha I'm northern Irish! But I hated queens at the open day so the only other uni here is ulster, plus my boyfriend lives in Glasgow. :P went to the Stirling open day and absolutely adored it. If I don't get in there ill cry but they apparently don't give offers till feb! :frown: plus I've lived in both England and Wales, hated both so Scotland or home it is! (Sorry for the life story, kind of just got going there haha) a boy in my class has an interview for Cambridge, for physics though.

I see, what didn't you like about Queens Belfast? Ahh my fingers are crossed you get stirling!

England isnt that bad, where I live anyway aha. Where in England did you live?! Ive never been to Scotland or NI, but I hated Wales when i went on a school trip :P - didnt stop raining!

Do you know which college he has applied?
Reply 6
I see, what didn't you like about Queens Belfast? Ahh my fingers are crossed you get stirling!

England isnt that bad, where I live anyway aha. Where in England did you live?! Ive never been to Scotland or NI, but I hated Wales when i went on a school trip :P - didnt stop raining!

Do you know which college he has applied?

I lived in Manchester (please don't hate me for saying I didn't like England) Queens, it didn't have the uni feel for me, had to take a good walk to get to the psychology department and when I got to the talk it was rubbish! Plus I didn't like the student union either :P I love Scotland. This time two years ago I hadn't been in Scotland, now I've been in every city apart from Inverness! (Stirling is my fave obviously) where abouts in England do you live?

I think it's corpus? Anyway, hope you get invited to an interview!

Reply 7
I lived in Manchester (please don't hate me for saying I didn't like England) Queens, it didn't have the uni feel for me, had to take a good walk to get to the psychology department and when I got to the talk it was rubbish! Plus I didn't like the student union either :P I love Scotland. This time two years ago I hadn't been in Scotland, now I've been in every city apart from Inverness! (Stirling is my fave obviously) where abouts in England do you live?

I think it's corpus? Anyway, hope you get invited to an interview!

Oh manchester is in the north, ive never been to the north of England either :P I live in West Sussex, the south is nicer i think (gross generalisation there aha). Oh well they are all very valid reasons not to like somewhere!!

Ah I applied to corpus and have an interview this week :smile: Did you apply for the MA or BSc route ?
Reply 8
Oh manchester is in the north, ive never been to the north of England either :P I live in West Sussex, the south is nicer i think (gross generalisation there aha). Oh well they are all very valid reasons not to like somewhere!!

Ah I applied to corpus and have an interview this week :smile: Did you apply for the MA or BSc route ?

Oh wow! Congrats! I've heard one of the psych questions is, can a thermostat think? Dunno if that's rubbish or not! Think you're prepared?

Yeah, I've heard the south is quite nice, had a wee look at some unis there but I'm quite limited with my predicted grades. ABC. Done quite bad in my AS as I was going through a rough patch but oh well, still on track for Stirling :biggrin:

Again, good luck!

Reply 9
P.s BSci :smile:

Reply 10
Oh wow! Congrats! I've heard one of the psych questions is, can a thermostat think? Dunno if that's rubbish or not! Think you're prepared?

Yeah, I've heard the south is quite nice, had a wee look at some unis there but I'm quite limited with my predicted grades. ABC. Done quite bad in my AS as I was going through a rough patch but oh well, still on track for Stirling :biggrin:

Again, good luck!

Oh dear, where did yo hear that :/ I feel as ready as I can be, I mean the majority of stuff will be cryptic stuff I guess.

Awh dont worry I did'nt do amazing in my AS, had ABCD which is good, but due to some issues i was stressed out. Turned it round and having a gap year to re-apply. Thanks!

I wish you all the luck for stirling, but Im also sure youll exceed your predictions :wink:
Reply 11
Oh dear, where did yo hear that :/ I feel as ready as I can be, I mean the majority of stuff will be cryptic stuff I guess.

Awh dont worry I did'nt do amazing in my AS, had ABCD which is good, but due to some issues i was stressed out. Turned it round and having a gap year to re-apply. Thanks!

I wish you all the luck for stirling, but Im also sure youll exceed your predictions :wink:

I think it was the times/guardian article or something on Oxbridge interview questions. My AS were exactly the same! Really good that you turned it around :biggrin:

Reply 12
I think it was the times/guardian article or something on Oxbridge interview questions. My AS were exactly the same! Really good that you turned it around :biggrin:

ahhh well trust me, its definitely possible to turn it around! Although those grades are still really good, i was still pleased :smile: - go get em! Let me know if you hear anything!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
ahhh well trust me, its definitely possible to turn it around! Although those grades are still really good, i was still pleased :smile: - go get em! Let me know if you hear anything!!

I will let you know and you let me know :smile: definitely let me know how the interview goes! And again, good luck!

I have an offer from St Andrews :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Calllu-m
I have an offer from St Andrews :smile:

For Psychology? Wow thats so good! Are you an international applicant? where else did you apply?
Reply 16
A friend of mine has applied to Edinburgh Napier and Heriott Watt too, and has received offers for both so you should be expecting something soon! She also had the same predicted grades (ABC).
For Psychology? Wow thats so good! Are you an international applicant? where else did you apply?

Ah no for History and Arabic. But my friend got one Thursday (?) for psychology and something else. We are indeed internationals.
Reply 18
Original post by Calllu-m
Ah no for History and Arabic. But my friend got one Thursday (?) for psychology and something else. We are indeed internationals.

Well done :smile: That explains it, they do all the internal offers first and then UK offers are done after jan 15th :/ sucks..... I think Its because they take such a high proportion from abroad. Is it your top choice?
Reply 19
Original post by Aliyaa
A friend of mine has applied to Edinburgh Napier and Heriott Watt too, and has received offers for both so you should be expecting something soon! She also had the same predicted grades (ABC).

When did she send her application away? And was this for psychology? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest