The Student Room Group

Spent all my £1500 overdraft already and its not even the end of term, help?

yes, Ive been ridiculous with my money

and advice from people who arent the greatest at budgeting?
Get a job?

If you're struggling with budget, try drawing the money out in cash. It's alot easier to remember how much you can/can't spend when it's physically out there for you to see.
Reply 2
Original post by Thebroganator

Why would you want advice from people who aren't the greatest as budgeting :confused: .... I think their advice might be the reason you ended up in this mess :cool:

On a more serious note theres a website call Money Saving Expert and they have forums which advise on a multitude of monetary issues. I'll leave you a link to the debt-free wannabe forum
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
If you're struggling with budget, try drawing the money out in cash. It's alot easier to remember how much you can/can't spend when it's physically out there for you to see.

Oh that is what you think... I used to do that but I ended up spending double so stopped and just used my card, it is actually a quicker way to go broke if you withdraw cash and still keep your debit card.
Reply 4
Original post by Thebroganator
yes, Ive been ridiculous with my money

oh dear
sell your ass on the street
Original post by tehFrance
Oh that is what you think... I used to do that but I ended up spending double so stopped and just used my card, it is actually a quicker way to go broke if you withdraw cash and still keep your debit card.

I found this too!

So OP - either only have what you should in your bank account (i.e. put the rest into savings or to your Mum/Dad/Someone to give it to you in bits) or... put your bank card in a block of ice in the freezer and only go to the BANK to withdraw money - physically having to talk to someone and going when banks are open mean you have to think ahead.

Ah, yeah, crucial point would be to put your debit card somewhere out of reach for the month.
Reply 8
Ah, yeah, crucial point would be to put your debit card somewhere out of reach for the month.

Never what if I saw a pair of shoes, shirt, trousers, suit or a fragrance I just had to have? better safe than sorry is what I say :smug:
Never what if I saw a pair of shoes, shirt, trousers, suit or a fragrance I just had to have? better safe than sorry is what I say :smug:

:facepalm: This is why you have money issues my friend.
:facepalm: This is why you have money issues my friend.

No I don't actually, I can actually afford to spend the amount I do.

This. Absolutely this lol. I often go overbudget, but then I just do a bit of work, and bam were all good again. I'm a sucker for randomly buying stuff lol. If the OP has seriously gone £1500 overdrawn, then it's going to be a month of work over Christmas tbh.

Otherwise, next term, you won't even be able to go overbudget, so you'll struggle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending