The Student Room Group

How many hours of revision are you doing?

How many hours a day are you revising?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it should matter as long as its effective revision... but anyway I'm doing a few hours (four +) a week for the next few weeks as its virtually impossible to do loads with homework and school in the way. Then about four weeks before the exam I'm planning on doing as much as I can when I'm still at school and then possibly 5/6 hours in the Christmas holidays. Not on Christmas Day or New Years Day that is a no no! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Right now? Very little. I will start revising like crazy next week though - I find revising everything in a short space of time easier than little bits here and there. As VaticanCameos said, so long as it is effective I don't think it really matters that much.
I messed up my AS and have 3 resits in Jan and 3 A2 in jan.
Doing as much as possible when i get home, but productivity is the key sometimes i lack motivation and slack off, have a 30 min extra break etc...
Reply 4
Anywhere between 2 to 4 hours on weekdays. More on weekends. I tried doing a crazy amount of hours on weekdays but I was getting EXTREMELY tired and stressed. I cut down my hours and now my revision sessions are much more efficient.
so many people ask me that. you shouldn't keep count, just stop revising when you honestly feel like you've done enough for the day.
Reply 6
Zero... I swear my study habits get worse and worse each year :facepalm:
Reply 7
Seriously if you want to be a straight A's student you will have to do 2 or more hours of efficient revision, every day, till the end of all days. Gl
Reply 8
Original post by the mezzil
How many hours a day are you revising?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hours? A day?!

None.
Reply 9
Maybe two hours. But as I rarely make an appearance at school anymore it should probably be more.
Reply 10
Original post by soider8
Seriously if you want to be a straight A's student you will have to do 2 or more hours of efficient revision, every day, till the end of all days. Gl

well this isnt true. Exhibit A: Me.
Most of my free time! I need to get 3 A's! But I'm easily distracted :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by MonsterMorris
Most of my free time! I need to get 3 A's! But I'm easily distracted :frown:

In guessing the distraction being... TSR, as its my main distraction!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I work from 6 - 10 every day after school so when it comes to exam revision, I have a good work ethic.

Also, whether you have upcoming exams or not, past papers are the best revision out there so stop wasting your time making notes!
Original post by the mezzil
In guessing the distraction being... TSR, as its my main distraction!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you are correct! I'll think to myself I'll just go on TSR for 5 minutes for a quick break... it's never just 5 minutes. :mad:

I should be revising now... :eek:
None atm, had an exam this morning and I've got an assignment due in Monday. :| (First year university)
After that I plan on doing around 3 or 4 hours a day for my January exams, maybe a bit more the week leading up to the exams.

For A-Levels I was AWFUL at revising, tended to leave it until the week before at most. I'm trying to improve this year so that I don't completely die in my second/third years :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending