The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Workload and Prediction grades??

So i'm applying to Manchester, Birmingham, lough borough, ashton....

Any other universites you know that are good?

I'm predicted ABB and most of them require AAA-AAB, my teachers are being waste and not predicting me higher which i'm sure i'll get. I'm gonna work my butt of this year! What are the chances of uni's looking at my predictions and throwing out my application? Or doesn't it work like that?

Also regarding workload, i heard chemical engineering workload is extremely high and you don't get to have a social life. I'm a social person and go parties often but am willing to cut down for education purposes. But is the workload really as much as people make it out to be as in literally always studying?

Please someone who has done it and is a social person shed some light on this.

Many thanks to anyone answering my questions (:
Reply 1
Not all the time... Some will consider you with those grades and give you a revised offer or maybe accept you on condition that you need to achieve AAA or something daft. Could go either way.

As for work load.... I can only speak for Teesside but its not that bad. I'm in second year and do 1 or 2 hours a day (sometimes more on occasional days) and I'm getting on pretty well.

You'll find it easier than a level because your perspective changes on working .. As you'll have so much free time anyway, so you'll work without even thinking about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Cheers for that, any others?
Reply 3
Bump....... :smile:
Reply 4
im glad you posted this. I'm predicted AAB and ive been wondering if its worth applying for chemical engineering
Reply 5
Bump..............
Reply 6
bump.............

Quick Reply

Latest