The Student Room Group

Help me on this

So basically I am at Sussex uni first year and I really want to get a first in my degree overall for a top postgraduate uni, I was wondering if they look at your first year at all as it doesn't count, especially when it comes to references. The thing is I have missed a few lectures and seminars already though my work has been high 2:1s for all my assignments, I handed in my last assignment and was 10 seconds late literally, I got 65 because they take off 5% for the first 24 hrs, that 5% of 100 it would have been a first I was fuming lol because I thought it would be 2:1 but it was a first yet the 10 second lateness got it down. Ridiculous.

Right now I have an assessment due but will hand it tommorow because unlike before I actually havent' done much and am gonna rest and take my time on it as I have 24 hrs. Do they look at all this behaviour in postgrad, do your referring tutors take notes of it? etc etc In second year I am obviously going to take things way more seriously though I already am right now.
Reply 1
Your first year only matters for industrial placements between second and third year.

That being said, some employers ask for a complete university transcript, your grades will be on there.
Reply 2
do they look at things like handing it late?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending