The Student Room Group

Cardiff Nursing 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Spiral1992
Hello, I've applied for the September intake of adult nursing. I sat the numeracy exam for Cardiff on the 31st of January and i still haven't heard anything off them so i am getting a little anxious now? has anyone else heard whether they passed and got an interview or failed yet?

I sat this one too havent heard anything as of yet i keep checking up on here but no-one has said anything lol! x They did say it will take long to say we passed and quick to say we failed that means it may be a good sign xx
Reply 61
Original post by Flan5651
I sat this one too havent heard anything as of yet i keep checking up on here but no-one has said anything lol! x They did say it will take long to say we passed and quick to say we failed that means it may be a good sign xx

I had my interview Wednesday after the assesment in December, they only gave about a weeks notice for the interview to me so you should hear soon :smile: it was 8 weeks after the assesment I got the interview date if that helps x
Reply 62
Has anyone had any offers from Swansea for adult nursing?
Reply 63
Has anyone had an offer from Cardiff uni yet to do adult nursing yet? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by xAllanax
I had my interview 26th Jan at Glam & hav Swansea tomorrow :smile: I want to start sorting finance out as I know it's a nightmare the longer it's left!!! Glam is my first choice :biggrin:

How did your interview go at Glam? I just received my invitation for the 2nd of March :smile: hope it goes well. I've heard it is an intense interview :s-smilie:
Reply 65
Original post by ffix3

Have you? I've applied for child but was told they don't give out offers until March 31st, not sure if it's the same for all branches though :/ x
Reply 66
Original post by xKaylax
Have you? I've applied for child but was told they don't give out offers until March 31st, not sure if it's the same for all branches though :/ x

No I haven't but I have heard that some people have started to receive offers so I've started to worry :s-smilie:. I really like Cardiff so I hope to get an offer, just hate waiting so long for a answer! x
Reply 67
Original post by ffix3
No I haven't but I have heard that some people have started to receive offers so I've started to worry :s-smilie:. I really like Cardiff so I hope to get an offer, just hate waiting so long for a answer! x

Oh really I didn't think they could make offers yet because of how low the intake is :/ I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long but I was looking at threads from the last couple of years and seems cardiff tend to be fairly late giving their offers out :s-smilie:
I really want to get in too but not sure my interview went that well to be honest. When was your's? x
Reply 68
Original post by xKaylax
Oh really I didn't think they could make offers yet because of how low the intake is :/ I'm hoping we won't have to wait too long but I was looking at threads from the last couple of years and seems cardiff tend to be fairly late giving their offers out :s-smilie:
I really want to get in too but not sure my interview went that well to be honest. When was your's? x

I thought that as well but apparently people have received offers but maybe its just gossip lol. Oh well I hope we hear soon because the wait is killing me lol :smile:. My interview was the 16th of Jan, I think it went ok was very informal so it helped me feel more at ease :smile: x
Reply 69
Original post by ffix3
I thought that as well but apparently people have received offers but maybe its just gossip lol. Oh well I hope we hear soon because the wait is killing me lol :smile:. My interview was the 16th of Jan, I think it went ok was very informal so it helped me feel more at ease :smile: x

That would be great if they did! Do you know if anyone's had post-interview rejections yet? With the admissions tests they seemed to tell the unsuccessful people quite quickly and someone told me they usually reject definite people they don't want within a couple of days of their interviews so hopefully no news yet is a good sign :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by xKaylax
That would be great if they did! Do you know if anyone's had post-interview rejections yet? With the admissions tests they seemed to tell the unsuccessful people quite quickly and someone told me they usually reject definite people they don't want within a couple of days of their interviews so hopefully no news yet is a good sign :smile:

I have heard of one person who was rejected a day or two after her interview that's it so hopefully we are in with a good chance because we haven't heard anything :smile:! x
Reply 71
I got an interview with Swansea this Friday, heard they are way more relaxed than other unis so I feel a bit better! I totally messed up my interview with Cardiff because I was so nervous :frown: deffo getting rejected! Glamorgan went better I felt more confident in that one despite having one more interviewer. You'll be fine everyone anyways, good luck with your upcoming interviews everyone :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by ffix3

Hey , I also had interview on the 16th of Jan but I haven't heard anything yet =/ so nerve wrecking .
Reply 73
Original post by xaniagigi
Hey , I also had interview on the 16th of Jan but I haven't heard anything yet =/ so nerve wrecking .

Hi :smile:
or me :/ ...I know I just want to hear now! fed up of waiting now! Don't have a clue what I am going to do if I don't get in lol I need a back up plan
Have you heard from any other uni's?x
Reply 74
Original post by ffix3
Hi :smile:
or me :/ ...I know I just want to hear now! fed up of waiting now! Don't have a clue what I am going to do if I don't get in lol I need a back up plan
Have you heard from any other uni's?x

I already got rejected from Glamorgan and plymouth :frown: But Cardiff is my main target and yeah waiting part is the worst ! :confused: I got interview for birmingham city university on the 22nd feb which is on friday :s-smilie: so nervous! And got another interview coming up for Bristol on march :smile: how about you? :smile:
Reply 75
I already got rejected from Glamorgan and plymouth :frown: But Cardiff is my main target and yeah waiting part is the worst ! :confused: I got interview for birmingham city university on the 22nd feb which is on friday :s-smilie: so nervous! And got another interview coming up for Bristol on march :smile: how about you? :smile:

Awh never :/ just so competitive ain't it. I wish there had more places than what they have.
Good luck :smile:!! I'm sure you'll be fine. I got an interview in bristol as well on march 26th :smile:.
I have had an interview for Cardiff and Swansea so far and got Glamorgan and bristol to go :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Hi are you applying for Adult nursing? did you have an interview at Glam and already heard?
I had my interview AGES ago, in Jan. and they say that they'd only be giving offers on March 31st, I can't really afford to wait much longer as I want to sort out Accomodation/Finance etc, and have had offers elsewhere...
Reply 78
Original post by major_mishap
I had my interview AGES ago, in Jan. and they say that they'd only be giving offers on March 31st, I can't really afford to wait much longer as I want to sort out Accomodation/Finance etc, and have had offers elsewhere...

I got told that at my interview too, do you think because the 31st is easter sunday this year they might do them a bit earlier or later though? I really want to know already, don't know how I'm going to manage another 5 weeks!! :frown:
Reply 79
I had my interview at the beginning of Dec, it feels like a lifetime ago!!
Have offers from Southampton and UEA but Cardiff definitely one of my top choices, so hopefully will be worth the wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending