The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2013

Hi Guys,

I applied to Sky Marketing Graduate Scheme about 3 weeks ago was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from them yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think their applications are closed yet, so it doesn't seem unreasonable if they haven't contacted you.
Reply 2
I went through their process last year, they were pretty slow to reply (and it took ages to get an assessment centre date). So don't worry yet :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by M1011
I went through their process last year, they were pretty slow to reply (and it took ages to get an assessment centre date). So don't worry yet :smile:

Any tips?
Reply 4
Original post by easyknow
Any tips?

I didn't actually go to the assessment centre (got another offer beforehand), but from what I remember of the phone interview it was very laid back and easy going. The guy interviewing me was really friendly and just wanted to have a general chat. I didn't have any competency questions, but don't bank on that because it may have just been my interviewer. It was a bit strange really as he almost made it sound like a given that you get an assessment centre and that the telephone interview was more of an opportunity to ask him questions then the other way around. He just casually tossed in mid-way that my assessment centre would be sometime in March, which made the rest of the interview a bit more relaxed!

Going to end up working with Sky in a few months in my current role anyway, small world!
Reply 5
Hey

I applied to their finance scheme in September and received an email saying they'd be in touch within a few weeks as they had had a lot of applications. I didn't hear anything for a while so, mid-November, I emailed them asking about my application and I received an email about 3 days later inviting me to the online tests. I got a phone call from them last week to arrange a telephone interview which I have in two days time. Anyone had a telephone interview yet this year?
Reply 6
Hey,

I applied to them end of October/November and haven't heard a word from them! Do you think it worth me contacting them? Applie to the marketing scheme
Reply 7
Original post by xlynzx
Hey

I applied to their finance scheme in September and received an email saying they'd be in touch within a few weeks as they had had a lot of applications. I didn't hear anything for a while so, mid-November, I emailed them asking about my application and I received an email about 3 days later inviting me to the online tests. I got a phone call from them last week to arrange a telephone interview which I have in two days time. Anyone had a telephone interview yet this year?

Hi, had the finance tele int about a month ago. Pretty chilled relative to most others. Pretty much competency based for me with one weird problem solving question thrown in just to see how you go about solving things. Can't remember the exact qs but was standard teamwork, problem solving, changed something etc type qs. Got the AC coming up
Reply 8
When any of you applied for Sky graduate positions did it require you to enter your GCSE results or A-levels?

It seems it only wanted my highest which is a degree. Is this correct?
Reply 9
Still no reply for me
Anyone heard anything?

Just noticed i selected yes when asked 'Send me a rejection letter when my job submission is not selected'. So i hope they're just being slow. I applied the start of October!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
did u get a confirmation email when you applied?
Reply 11
Hey guys!

I applied to marketing and did recieve a confirmation of application but still haven't heard anything! When I go to my jobs page online it says their still accepting applications strategy enough! I did email them about 3weeks ago and haven't heard anything!
Reply 12
Has anyone recently had an online test and not heard back yet? I did mine around a week ago but haven't heard anything.
Reply 13
Original post by banana777
Has anyone recently had an online test and not heard back yet? I did mine around a week ago but haven't heard anything.

What scheme did you apply for?
Reply 14
Original post by Mistry377
What scheme did you apply for?

Finance early start.
Reply 15
Has anyone heard from Sky in relation to business related roles other than finance? I tried e-mailing them 3weeks ago and haven't heard anything back
Reply 16
Has anyone been to an assessment centre yet? What are they like?

Still haven't heard back from phone interview!
Reply 17
I applied for Sky technology Graduate programme in October last year. Did my telephone interview. Successfully passed that tele interview and after that i was invited for video interview through vortex systems. I contacted them on last wednesday and they replied that they are still working on telephone interview scores so I will get a reply soon as the assessment date has been changed from January to February. Which I personally believe is somewhere at the end of February. but you guys are still waiting for telephone interview then dont worry, its never too late to just send an email to their youth-opportunities team to find out about your application status. Hope that helps. Fingers crossed.
Reply 18
anyone know a Sky email address that they get a reply from?
Reply 19
Nope! Trying to figure that one out! What scheme did u apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest