The Student Room Group

Access course or A-levels?

I'm currently doing an access course in social science, but i've realised recently that i'm only studying social science because i find it interesting and not because i want a social science based job for the rest of my life; so i'm thinking of doing an engineering-based degree and want to be as prepared as possible after hearing how heavy they can be, mathematically.

Just how much more prepared do A-levels make you in relation to an access course?
Just one hint: Don't study Engineering just because of the prospects, they are only good for the people, who really like their course and are good at it. If not, social sciences can turn out to be better. Thus don't be too anxious to do a Social Science Degree, when it is the subject you live for. The jobs you will do afterwards can be very diverse and don't have necessarily to do something with social science.

I know that doesn't really is an answer to the core question, but it was not clear you doing engineering for the right reason.
Reply 2
FWIW, i was down to do the science and engineering access course starting this year but i changed to social science two weeks before it started, so it's not like i haven't thought about this.

I feel like psychology should be my hobby rather than my actual career.
Reply 3
Also, it's not like i don't enjoy maths and physics; there's a good chance that i'll enjoy them more than what i'm doing now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
A levels would give you a greater variety of choice with your future as you might realize why apply for university that you don't want to go into an course related to the social sciences,just saying though :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by iop horray
A levels would give you a greater variety of choice with your future as you might realize why apply for university that you don't want to go into an course related to the social sciences,just saying though :smile:

Because i knew that i'd find studying it interesting. I wasn't really thinking past the degree at that point, i just assumed that i'd want a psychology based job.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending