The Student Room Group

Grade G in maths GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SarahAlexis
That's harsh and unnecessary. I agree that the 'G' grade is pointless but why one earth should he/she not go to uni. They've got decent A-Level grades and if they don't need maths for the subject they plan to study why on earth should they be restricted from higher education?

Because someone that got a G in GCSE maths lacks any basic form of logical intelligence, and has shown that they won't bother putting in the work for something that they dislike. That is not really someone a uni wants to deal with.

Original post by Mr M
The fact remains that 6.6% of candidates attain grades G or U and only 5.5% attain grade A*. An alternative point of view might be that it is A* students like you who are the freaks? :wink:

I'm sorry but that is just a sad statement about the population as a whole.
Original post by Oaktree
No isnt, at GCSE a pass is C or above, with the exception of languages where a grade G is a pass. And A Level, a grade E is a pass...

Thanks for correcting me.

It's peculiar that the Department for Education says "There are eight pass grades at GCSE ranging from A* to G" though.
Reply 62

It's peculiar that the Department for Education says "There are eight pass grades at GCSE ranging from A* to G" though.[/QUO

oh okay, well I may be wrong but I was always told, that a C was a pass and a D was a fail, with the exception of languages, never mind :smile: x
A 'G' in Maths?! :wtf:
Reply 64
Original post by Mr M

It's peculiar that the Department for Education says "There are eight pass grades at GCSE ranging from A* to G" though.
GCSEs have been subject to grade inflation to the point where only grades C and above will be considered by employers and alike to be a 'good pass'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well arent you the elephant in the room putting people down like that? So quick to judge.
It does exist.
That person may have tried thier absolute best you dont know maybe maths isnt their strongest point.
My daughter has epilepsy was in hospitilised due to loss of memory after a fit and only last september got diagnosed with adhd and dislexia she got a g felt ashamed i told her she did ok as she did her best she suffers from anxiety to she had to learn to speak eat get up and walk her grade isnt due to lazyiness im proud of her.
(edited 7 years ago)
I went yo from a U grade to a C.

It took me twice to get my GCSE maths but I nailed it.

If I can pass maths then you can.

The saying is true: try your best and let God do the rest.

I would advise you redo it regardless if your university does not need it.

Employers would in most cases want that C grade.
Original post by ROOMOFSTUDENTS
Well arent you the elephant in the room putting people down like that? So quick to judge.
It does exist.
That person may have tried thier absolute best you dont know maybe maths isnt their strongest point.

This thread is 4 years old...
Hello in 25 and basicly my maths sucks got an e when I left school of never been happy with it and know I'm gonna do something about it however if not a clue where to begin or even if in still at a grade e or worse if not signed on to any courses yet as I need to find something around work so if just like to learn while I'm at home so if you could give any advice would be very much appreciated thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending