The Student Room Group

social work interview sunderland uni

so ive got my interview for Sunderland next friday and im pooping it. is anyone else out there got theres

or any social work students got any hints or tips for me its the written part thats worrying me do they provide the topic to write about or is it something i chose??

it would be great to hear from someone thank you

ps im a mature student so im new to all this
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
Had info if anyone wants info let me know xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinsmammy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya,

Ive got my interview in a few weeks. How did you find it? I will be a mature student also so not sure what to expect. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
hi im very sorry in the late delay ive had computer problems anyhow you probably have had your interview by now if not, we started the day with a group "chat" introduction we spoke to the tutors who told us what to expect for the day then we were giving a written test my question was about discriminating against people with a mental health problem to be honest I felt like I waffled a bit but I got down all my views. after that we went into a group interview there was 6 of us with 2 members of staff we got a topic and we basically discussed it the staff members were in the background taking notes we were told before we started to make sure we spoke so its clear what is expected from you. then we had lunch then individual interviews were there was a member of staff and a service user asking you questions I found this the hardest I thought I was in there for hours, again I think I waffled but overall I felt I did ok the hardest bit was waiting for the offer. if I can help with anything else let me know and most importantly GOOD LUCK xx
Reply 6
You,ll regret going to sunderland its a ****e uni, tutors are racists and duplicitous.
Hi, thanks for replying.

My interview is on Friday and im getting a bit nervous now haha.

Did you have any knowledge of social work policies before you went? Im worried because i havnt been to college for 10 years so i may not know anything about what they are going to ask me.

Did you get an offer?

Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by CharWilson07
Hi, thanks for replying.

My interview is on Friday and im getting a bit nervous now haha.

Did you have any knowledge of social work policies before you went? Im worried because i havnt been to college for 10 years so i may not know anything about what they are going to ask me.

Did you get an offer?

Thanks

HI

firstly GOOD LUCK, yes i read up on social work policies i also registered on the community care website so i get updates everyday of things that are happen in social care.
i havent done any schooling for at least 15 years so i was very very panicky but i just tried to be myself and show how passionate i am about becoming a social worker. they asked alot about my own personal experiences (as they cant ask about education because it was to long ago)

yes i got an offer which i have accepted i just need CRB and medical check then im good to go.

im very excited about it i cant wait to get started

GOOD LUCK xxx
Reply 9
I've also had an offer for Sunderland :wink: I've made it my firm with Teesside as my insurance. Has anyone else had an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinsmammy

Posted from TSR Mobile

After weeks of waiting for a reply from my application, this morning it finally came. I have an interview the 26th April and I could be physically sick (think I would have felt better if I wasn't offered an interview lol). I think I have frightened myself by researching possible questions that might be asked and have totally baffled myself and my brain is now scrambled!!
Any solid advice would be helpful, do they give you a topic to write about? This is my main concern, as well as the group discussion and interview hahaha.
This is such a major step in my life and I know this is the last opportunity I will get because of my age and puts so much more pressure on me to be successful.
Congratulations on your offer....well done!! x
Reply 11
Original post by Imanervouswreck
After weeks of waiting for a reply from my application, this morning it finally came. I have an interview the 26th April and I could be physically sick (think I would have felt better if I wasn't offered an interview lol). I think I have frightened myself by researching possible questions that might be asked and have totally baffled myself and my brain is now scrambled!!
Any solid advice would be helpful, do they give you a topic to write about? This is my main concern, as well as the group discussion and interview hahaha.
This is such a major step in my life and I know this is the last opportunity I will get because of my age and puts so much more pressure on me to be successful.
Congratulations on your offer....well done!! x

Is your interview Sunderland? I could give you info on what happened on my day. I also have a friend going that day. Good luck and if I can help just ask. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah the interview is at Sunderland. Everyone is saying I'll be fine but I'm worried sick and cried about it last night! I would be grateful for a little insight of what will happen on the day xx
Reply 13
Yeah I totally get you, I was the same. I came out thinking that I'd done my best but i found it stressful. I went to Teesside the week before and just thought I've done this I can do it again, but was way different. I had a written exam on mental health and the issues, then group discussion about an elderly man losing his mind and what we could do to help and prevent him from harm etc..... Then interview I felt as if I was really applying for a social work job ha. I read loads of policies and acts which helped with my knowledge. Think about a personal experience and how it will help you further your desire. Hope this helps. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by CharWilson07
Hiya,

Ive got my interview in a few weeks. How did you find it? I will be a mature student also so not sure what to expect. Thanks :smile:

Iv also got mine in a few weeks and a mature student too! so following your question.
Reply 15
I have just got an interview for next week to do social work. has anyone got any tips or advice I feel like there is alot of research to do for it.

Quick Reply

Latest