The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by yuiyui
i have got interview on dec 14 on kingston University in london and am panicking as its my first interview:frown:. has anyone got on the same day? And does anyone know how hard the test and whole group interview might be ? thankyou :smile::smile: and please reply asap.
Read any briefing notes the university sends you carefully. Make sure you can deal with any questions that might come up from what you wrote in your personal statement. Remember that the interviewers will not be trying to trip people up - they want you to do yourself justice. So try not to worry about it all too much; be yourself and stay calm.
Reply 2
Thankyou :smile: but i just have no clue what they will be asking i mean i was thinking to prepare normal interview questions however my friends said they give you some weird scenarios :s-smilie:' and also they didn't ask her any normal questions like "why did you apply Kingston or this course..?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by yuiyui
Thankyou :smile: but i just have no clue what they will be asking i mean i was thinking to prepare normal interview questions however my friends said they give you some weird scenarios :s-smilie:' and also they didn't ask her any normal questions like "why did you apply Kingston or this course..?
Well, that's the point, isn't it? They want to see what you come up with spontaneously, rather than scripted replies!
Reply 4
i applied for nursing too at kingston. I finished my ucas and everything a month ago, and iam still waiting for the my school to send it off. BUT THEY ARE TAKING THEIR SWEEET TIME!!
watch on monday iamma storm into the staff room.
Reply 5
Yeah but i am worried thinking as i will be super nervous, i might not be able to think answer quickly :frown: . Also English is my second language.
Reply 6
Original post by yuiyui
Yeah but i am worried thinking as i will be super nervous, i might not be able to think answer quickly :frown: . Also English is my second language.
The interviewers will be expecting you to be nervous, and I am sure will take into account the fact that English is your second language.
Reply 7
Original post by Minerva
The interviewers will be expecting you to be nervous, and I am sure will take into account the fact that English is your second language.

Don't panic it really isn't that bad, I was very nervous about the maths but if you revise the paper it will be fine :smile: also they aren't looking to catch you out. I had my interview last Friday.... Waiting to hear how it went this week! Now I'm nervous. Good luck!!!
Reply 8
I have maths and english test at Kingeston tomorrow, I heard people saying that you have to write an essay on a topic of their choice, does anyone know what kind of topics can come up. Also is there is any role play?? Please I need answers. Also, it says that you have to bring three different proofs of address but I only have one :frown: so what can I do??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SGS2011
I have maths and english test at Kingeston tomorrow, I heard people saying that you have to write an essay on a topic of their choice, does anyone know what kind of topics can come up. Also is there is any role play?? Please I need answers. Also, it says that you have to bring three different proofs of address but I only have one :frown: so what can I do??
I'd ring them up today and ask them what to do about the proofs of address. Three does sound a bit OTT.

On the content of the tests, try not to worry. The topics set for these things are usually pretty broad - what they want to see is that you can 'tell a story' in a logical and clear way, using English correctly. As for role play, I don't know what Kingston's approach is. Do check any briefing that they've sent you; it may say in there. Otherwise, remember that everyone will be feeling nervous and unsure - this goes with the territory - it won't just be you feeling like that!
Reply 10
Thank you soo much, I'll have to ring them up.
Reply 11
I'm sure you guys will do fine. :smile:
Reply 12
I Have done the numeracy and literacy tests in Kingston and passed them all, now I got an interview next week, they said they got a new way of interviewing does anyone know that they will ask?? Thank you
Reply 13
Original post by SGS2011
I Have done the numeracy and literacy tests in Kingston and passed them all, now I got an interview next week, they said they got a new way of interviewing does anyone know that they will ask?? Thank you

Why didn't you do the interview the same day as the maths/English tests?

I had my interview on the 7th and still no news!
Reply 14
They did it differently for the first time, we were the first group they tried it on. How was the interview, did you do the five mini interviews, how did it go? what kind of questions did they ask?
Reply 15
Original post by SGS2011
They did it differently for the first time, we were the first group they tried it on. How was the interview, did you do the five mini interviews, how did it go? what kind of questions did they ask?

Thats strange! Yeah it was 6 interviews and one was a role play. It was situations and you have to tell them what you would do! Just common sense really it wasn't too bad. That's pretty annoying having to go back again for the interviews, I wonder why they did that!!
Reply 16
Original post by Clairet88
Thats strange! Yeah it was 6 interviews and one was a role play. It was situations and you have to tell them what you would do! Just common sense really it wasn't too bad. That's pretty annoying having to go back again for the interviews, I wonder why they did that!!

I don't really mind going back twice, I don't like long days and it meant that I was on time for work. Oh my god what is the role play, I really don't like them at all. Some told me that you have to pick someone to save if you had the chance, like a child or an adult who wasted their life away, I was told to say the adult because I have applied for adult nursing, did you get something like that.
Reply 17
Original post by SGS2011
I don't really mind going back twice, I don't like long days and it meant that I was on time for work. Oh my god what is the role play, I really don't like them at all. Some told me that you have to pick someone to save if you had the chance, like a child or an adult who wasted their life away, I was told to say the adult because I have applied for adult nursing, did you get something like that.

The role play wasn't too bad, it was just you and two people in the room, was part of the 6 mini interviews!

I didn't have a question about saving someone, the role play was very random and just use common sense and you will be fine!

Whens your interview?
Reply 18
Original post by Clairet88
The role play wasn't too bad, it was just you and two people in the room, was part of the 6 mini interviews!

I didn't have a question about saving someone, the role play was very random and just use common sense and you will be fine!

Whens your interview?

Thanks, hopefully I won't get it as well, my interview is on Wednesday the 19th, really close now.
Reply 19
Original post by SGS2011
Thanks, hopefully I won't get it as well, my interview is on Wednesday the 19th, really close now.

Good luck! Still waiting to hear if I'm in or not..... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending