The Student Room Group

Would red lipstick suit medium tanned indian skin?

I always wanted to try it, but I'm so scared. It would look silly! :redface:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by shybrowngirl

why are you scared? it's not hard to buy it, take it home, put it on and see if it looks good.

chances are if you're apprehensive about it then you won't pull it off because you need confidence to make it work.

but in general yes, it does look good on that skin tone, but it depends on the person.

try it on and post a pic here so people can actually answer your question instead of guessing.
Reply 2
Original post by Bellissima
why are you scared? it's not hard to buy it, take it home, put it on and see if it looks good.

chances are if you're apprehensive about it then you won't pull it off because you need confidence to make it work.

but in general yes, it does look good on that skin tone, but it depends on the person.

try it on and post a pic here so people can actually answer your question instead of guessing.

the thing is I don't know which brand to start off with, I can't really ask my friends for advice because we have different skin tones and I happen to be the only indian.
Reply 3
Let's see a picture of your gorgeous self then we'll decide!
Reply 4
Original post by PotPon
Let's see a picture of your gorgeous self then we'll decide!

You don't have to be jerk about it, i'm just asking for girls' opinions about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
You don't have to be jerk about it, i'm just asking for girl's opinion about it.

I'm paying you a compliment here, now you gonna' ease up and private message me the picture? x
Reply 6
Original post by PotPon
I'm paying you a compliment here, now you gonna' ease up and private message me the picture? x

sorry playboy, your charm's not working here... :cool:
yes, i've found some examples:

But you would have to tone down your eye-makeup and it's best for an evening out. :wink:
russian red by mac looks great on indian medium skin tones
Reply 9
Of course it would.
You need to look for a red with a certain undertone, I think red's with an orange based undertone's compliment darker complexions best. However, cool or blue based undertones help your teeth to appear whiter and generally suit most women. If you don't feel confident enough for a bright red, look for a more muted shade. I think it's a bit of trial and error.
Mac Lady Bug Lipstick is one I'd reccomend for your skin tone :smile:
I think brownish red suits Indian girls best. Bright red barely suits anyone, regardless of skin colour.
I wouldn't wear it for everyday use but yep, I think red lipstick looks pretty if you don't overdo your eyes. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes of course! There's a red to suit every skin tone. If you go to somewhere like MAC and ask them to match one to your skintone they'll be really helpful :smile:
red lipstick doesn't make you look good, it makes you look like a prostitute and cheap I don't get why so many girls wear it no guy I know likes it lol
yes yes yes.
Reply 15
LORD YES, but not for everyday use, more of one of those times when you are expected to put craploads of effort into dressing (weddings, birthday parties etc)

But that's my opinion, I don't really find it attractive when a girl wears make-up everyday D:

Each to their own!
Reply 16

Tbh I think thick red lipstick on any girl looks silly. So maybe just put it on lightly and see how it goes? You can always just do it for yourself first before going in public.
Reply 17
Original post by Mr Raju Paju
red lipstick doesn't make you look good, it makes you look like a prostitute and cheap I don't get why so many girls wear it no guy I know likes it lol

It only makes you look like a prostitute if you're only wearing a piece of cloth around your boobs and vagina, your arse cheeks are hanging out, you've got a helluva lot of eye makeup and blusher on at the same time....

Otherwise it can look quite classy I think:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending