The Student Room Group

Is it pathetic to block someone?

I was with this girl for a few months, but it ended due to some problems. We are still friends however I still keep thinking about her and it seems she has moved on so I want to block her from my life. Would this be a pathetic thing to do, to block her on facebook?
Reply 1
It's not pathetic, it was a feature put in place for a reason. However, if you are still friends with this girl she may take offence so it may be best talking to her. However, it's not immature, I did it when my ex boyfriend upset me and I wanted to prevent him from contacting me.
Reply 2
Go for it. Your mental well being should be a lot more important to you than her feelings or what she might think about it.
Bit awkward if you still see that person around...but if you'd never see her again anyway then you may aswell. I have blocked my ex just because I used to get obsessed with looking at his page - when there's a genuine reason it's not pathetic at all.
Reply 4
Yeah just do it, best just to get ex's (for the most part) out of your life
Reply 5
Not pathetic just a little bit over the top. Plus on facebook you can hide her updates from your news feed. So that way you don't have to see all her pictures and stuff but at the same time you don't have to worry about her taking offence, because she wont know.
Reply 6
It's only Facebook.
Block her.
when i found out my ex was cheating on me and we broke up - i blocked her, nearly a year down the line and i havent regretted it.

We had 8 years together and she destroyed it utterly and refused to work it out (there was blame on both sides) and then ran away to another city and her new fella to sit on the dole and incapacity benefits.

I dont care what shes doing and i dont want to know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending