The Student Room Group

Good or bad idea?

Hello,

I am considering doing Maths, Biology and Chemistry at AS/A Level next year as I need them for the course I am considering applying to at university. However, I do not appear to have a natural aptitude for maths and I did not do double/triple/additional science at GCSE and so I don't have much experience of the sciences. Essay and language-based subjects seem to be my strong point but I need maths and science A Levels.

My question is: considering I have no real experience of science and do not appear to be particularly good at maths, is taking these A Levels a bad idea? I am prepared to work extremely hard, but will this be enough?

Thanks.
It depends what your results are and if you find maths and science interesting because if not there's no point in you trying to be good at something you hate.
Speak to the head of sixth form at your school/college, I'm sure they'd have the best advice.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by StupidGirl1
It depends what your results are and if you find maths and science interesting because if not there's no point in you trying to be good at something you hate.
Speak to the head of sixth form at your school/college, I'm sure they'd have the best advice.:smile:

I have a C in Maths and a B in Science. I do find science interesting though!
At my school you need an A at GCSE to do A level math! But if your school lets you do it.. Go for it! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by StupidGirl1
At my school you need an A at GCSE to do A level math! But if your school lets you do it.. Go for it! :smile:

I have asked and I can do it. :smile:
If you're dedicated, willing to learn, work hard and enjoy the subjects - go for it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending