Four Four Two - Top 100 players in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tommyjw
Link to imgur album

Expand for full album

Spoiler

Individual pages

Spoiler

Always going to be based on opinions, overall the list isnt too bad tbh, could have been faaarrr worse.

Some of my thoughts

Bale at 11: - Lol
Ribery at 34 - Lol.

Zlatan at 13 seems a bit silly considering Bale + Aguero especially are in front of him, Rooney too. Rooney should not be below Aguero.

Hernandez at 94 is criminal given many of the players above him.

Suarez should be higher but didnt have a spectacular year and this is highly influenced by the performances so doesnt surprise me too much

Lampard shouldnt be that high (61)

Lucas shouldnt be higher than people like Isco and a few others.

Hummels should be higher.

I read that too and a lot of it isn't accurate. I agree with you about Bale's rank being too high. What pisses me off about the top 100 in FourFourTwo is that Ibrahimovic is number 13. How many players do you know get the golden boot in Italy, get a goal a game in France, and score 4 against England, including one of the all time top 10 goals, yet an inconsistent winger (Bale) who is crap for Wales and has a great midfield around him and probably one of the best natural goalscorers of our time in front of him gets to number 11? Gareth Bale beating Kompany, Hummels, Thiago Silva, Casillas, Cavani, Marcelo, Alonso, Aguero, Joe Hart, Silva, Piqué, Ozil, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Fabregas, Benzema, Higuain, Mata, Ramos, Hazard, Di Natale, Pepe, Huntelaar, Ramires, Lahm.. :wtf: Also, now that Messi has beaten Gerd Muller's goal record, it's obvious that he will win the Ballon d'or.
Original post by Musester
Mata at only 32 is a crime. And no Petr Cech, but Valdes is?

I'm not entirely convinced by Petr Cech anymore. I strongly stood by the argument that it seemed the Chelsea defence made him look better than he actually is (now, obviously pre-head injury, he was a fantastic goalkeeper) and so I saw in the European Championships where he made the mistake vs Greece. He also did one vs Turkey in 2008, which was the catalyst to the Czech's collapse and exit out of the tournament.

However, if it was a top 100 list of goalkeepers, I would rate him higher than Valdes. The problem I find with Valdes is that Barcelona's, I assume, system means they want a ball playing/sweeper keeper and so Valdes does not naturally have to be a goalkeeper because although he may be a traditional goalkeeper - e.g. brilliant shot-stopper - he may not be what Barcelona want which is a goalkeeper who isn't afraid of controlling the ball and passing it short.
I'm surprised that more people haven't questioned van Persie being above Xavi, even if it is only by a single place.

Quick Reply

Latest