The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey ppl :smile:

All I can say is relax.. I reckon a good majority of ppl havent heard from UCL/LSE.. etc. I guess youre all realising by now that law is a highly sought after course!
I went to UCl recently.. and I found out that alot of ppl didnt hear till mid April! Long time to wait huh?

Good Luck to all! (if ur choosing between LSE and UCL.. bear in mind that although LSE may seem better on paper.. they are in fact almost even when it comes to law firms.. and also UCL has a law society and from experience.. they seem to have a better cohesion because of it)
Thats just my opinion tho.. hope it helps!

Wings
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Have people sent their January module results to unis that still havent responded?

Im playing with the idea of doing so, but I dont really know whether there's much point.
still, still STILL waiting on LSE. Hope this April rumour is not true, as i kinda want to make my decision now. I think I know where I want to go already...but it would obviously be nice to consider them :biggrin: After reading a few other threads, it looks like offers/rejections are starting to come through...lets hope its the same for us law students.
Wings
Hey ppl :smile:

All I can say is relax.. I reckon a good majority of ppl havent heard from UCL/LSE.. etc. I guess youre all realising by now that law is a highly sought after course!
I went to UCl recently.. and I found out that alot of ppl didnt hear till mid April! Long time to wait huh?

Good Luck to all! (if ur choosing between LSE and UCL.. bear in mind that although LSE may seem better on paper.. they are in fact almost even when it comes to law firms.. and also UCL has a law society and from experience.. they seem to have a better cohesion because of it)
Thats just my opinion tho.. hope it helps!

Wings

I got my UCL acceptance for Law on December 5th, it was really soon. I'm still waiting on LSE.
Reply 44
Yeh i got an early offer too.. mine was slightly later by a few weeks. Looks like we're exceptions.. it was quite funny for me cos i got rejected from Durham and Bristol about the same time.. and I was just applying incase i didnt get into LSE or UCL.
Good Luck to those still waiting :smile:
Reply 46
Argh help!, i am sweating it out here in holland!

I am dutch/french with a dutch (a-level similar) diploma , and applied to King´s, LSE (geography and economics) and UCL, but haven´t heared anything from anyone yet!

What´s that all about? i mean come on, I had a really brilliant PS (ok ok I admit, my weakness is bragging), good marks, superb credentials ( international European youth ambassador, ski intructor ect), and really flattering references ! On top of that I busted into ABN-HQ in Amsterdam and made the talent management crew there start the first corporate scolarship programme in dutch history!

Argh, argh what is going on in London? I really want those offers! Can someone explain what my deficit here is? caus i really don´t understand any of this!
mjwnijkamp

Be patient.

Rejections were dished out first... so you do have a good chance. Just hang in there yeh? I know exactly how it feels.. :smile: take care

xoxo
kingslaw
Have people sent their January module results to unis that still havent responded?

Im playing with the idea of doing so, but I dont really know whether there's much point.

i sent in my results to the lse (for law). Just a straightforwards letter with a copy of my candidates statement of provisional results. I didn't want to sound too arrogant or anything.
Reply 49
I was told today by my teacher to ring up LSE and UCL to find out whats going on with my application. I think my school is becoming more impatient than me. Good idea? Bad idea? I have to fill in fee forms and give them into school by the end of March :frown:
Reply 50
Elle
I was told today by my teacher to ring up LSE and UCL to find out whats going on with my application. I think my school is becoming more impatient than me. Good idea? Bad idea? I have to fill in fee forms and give them into school by the end of March :frown:

I dont think there's much point really. They'll give some vague answer about 'trying to get all replies out as soon as possible, giving due consideration to each and every applicant'.

I know exactly how you feel though. We have to hand our LEA forms to college soon, and the universities have seemed to give no consideration the fact that colleges have set internal deadlines for these forms. And the fact that the students themselves would quite like to know!
Reply 51
kingslaw
I dont think there's much point really. They'll give some vague answer about 'trying to get all replies out as soon as possible, giving due consideration to each and every applicant'.

I know exactly how you feel though. We have to hand our LEA forms to college soon, and the universities have seemed to give no consideration the fact that colleges have set internal deadlines for these forms. And the fact that the students themselves would quite like to know!

Yeah, that what I thought- but I was a bit worried though by someones story on this forum, the royal mail lost an interview letter so she missed her interview.. only found out when she phoned the Uni. I know UCL has held some interviews for Law. I think I'll stick it out til mid-April and then give them a call.
Reply 52
Elle
Yeah, that what I thought- but I was a bit worried though by someones story on this forum, the royal mail lost an interview letter so she missed her interview.. only found out when she phoned the Uni. I know UCL has held some interviews for Law. I think I'll stick it out til mid-April and then give them a call.

I'm in the same situation -fustrated over not hearing espesh when they haveheld interviews. However, I'm going to wait until after Easter to ring them because thats what they stated on a letter they sent out shortly after I applied.

About sending module marks, I feel disappointed that people are doing this. I didnt do any resits due to getting strong As in all subjects last year so I have no reason to ring unis and tell them new information but am left at a disadvantage grrrrrrrrr.......
Reply 53
*smile*
About sending module marks, I feel disappointed that people are doing this. I didnt do any resits due to getting strong As in all subjects last year so I have no reason to ring unis and tell them new information but am left at a disadvantage grrrrrrrrr.......

I dont think its fair either. Uni's arent supposed to know your module results, so I didnt tell them mine. They should assume really that you are going to get what your teachers predicted you last year.
Reply 54
mjwnijkamp

I am dutch/french with a dutch (a-level similar) diploma , and applied to King´s, LSE (geography and economics) and UCL, but haven´t heared anything from anyone yet!

What´s that all about? i mean come on, I had a really brilliant PS (ok ok I admit, my weakness is bragging), good marks, superb credentials ( international European youth ambassador, ski intructor ect), and really flattering references ! On top of that I busted into ABN-HQ in Amsterdam and made the talent management crew there start the first corporate scolarship programme in dutch history!

Argh, argh what is going on in London? I really want those offers! Can someone explain what my deficit here is? caus i really don´t understand any of this!

Old saying: Good things come to those who wait.

Unfortunately, there are also many "brilliant" applications that the admissions people will have to look through...

If you are as good as you say you are, you should get some offers soon.

Best of luck
Reply 55
I think everyone is getting immensely frustrated now....I know I am.

I keep reading the posts of this forum, and although it's re-assuring to know that many others are in the same boat i.e. waiting for a response, or being short listed etc., at the same time, it is quite worrying to think that so many of us are still waiting, especially for Law.

The word frustration doesn't come anywhere close to how I feel, teamed with my wonderful charactersitic of being impatient. Yes, good things come to those that wait, and that is at the forefront of my mentality, however when some of us are made to wait from the first week in October until the end of March as it is now...it some how seems to be really challenging...especially since I am a gap year student with 4 As and good credentials (as many others) and a constructive gap year working on a law journal at a university. I keep on asking myself...what else do they want from me? To be honest I don't think I could have done or do anything else. Although I got short listed in December, the short listed applications got re-released to the Admissions Tutor for Law over three weeks ago, so why are we still waiting I want to ask? I suppose it is still promising (perhaps that isn't the right word) that no one else on this forum has heard recently from LSE for Law...or have you?

Good luck to everyone, but I guess we are all beyond saying comforting words to one another!
Reply 56
Cheers kingslaw. I guess it is difficult for admissions tutors though as so many apply with 3 or more As predicted.

Bahar, I know this prob won't help (prob nothing short of an offer will) but many many others are in your situation and they are looking into your application otherwise they would have simply rejected you. You clearly have what it takes to study there but just have to wait and see if you are successful in the lottery. Be patient, I'm almost going out of my mind as well (although for UCL and Kings not LSE) but they do have to reply soon!
Reply 57
I'm got an offer from LSE in late Feb, but so far nothing from UCL.
Reply 58
I'm a current undergrad at UCL law and well a curious incident occured two weeks ago. I went to the admission office to ask a few questions and I see the admission tutor and two of his assistants ferociously rummaging through UCAS forms. That's quite incredible - end of April and they were still going through applications. God the waiting must be atrociously tedious. Good luck with all of you - whether heading towards UCl or LSE.

Latest

Trending

Trending