The Student Room Group

Breaking News : Nurse Found Dead.

"A hospital nurse caring for the Duchess of Cambridge who was duped by two DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles is understood to have committed suicide." - Yahoo.

Pretty sad...

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-hoax-call-receptionist-commits-suicide-144751515.html#vu8t9vA

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
She made a mistake, doesn't mean she had it coming or deserved it. Also, the media has no evidence to support that she killed herself as police investigation has only just begun so it could be murder for all we know.

Edit: The person I was responding to has now deleted their comment, I am not directing it at the OP.
(edited 11 years ago)
Utterly tragic....

I also feel for the radio hosts. They now have to live with this, despite, in my opinion, not being their fault.

Ok, it was their fault in the sense that it was this indicent that lead to her suicide, but lets face it, lots of people are pranked and very few kill themselves afterwards.

On another note; wouldnt it be amazing if this was a hoax to get back at the radio DJs?
Im not in anyway implying it is, im just saying, that would be devistatingly comical.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
The news said she was the receptionist who put the call through, not the actual nurse who gave out the information.
Well that escalated quickly..
wtf does it have to do with the prank? she TRANSFERRED the call to another nurse who gave the information. people who commit suicide - leaving behind 2 beautiful children and a husband - have serious mental problems/depression etc. ... i hate how the media and hospital are trying to blame the prank for this (daily mail of course - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Excellent-nurse-took-Kate-Middleton-prank-phone-dead-suspected-suicide.html) which is quite frankly an insult to this nurse, her family, to people who commit suicide or suicidal people and people in a bad enough mental state to kill themselves.... let alone the intelligence of our nation as they are trying (and succeeding, which is really embarassing and sad) to manipulate uss into scapegoating the pranksters JUST because they dared to carry out a trick on the royal family. this will also seriously affect the lives of the radio station and the DJs when there was absolutely nothing wrong with what they did.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jamie95
Although it's sad, I don't really have that much sympathy for her... She should have known better, not to give out information about patients over the phone. (I saw this on BBC 3's | Junior Doctors - Your Life in Their Hands)

I read on BBC news that the nurse who actually talked about Kate's condition to the DJs was a different nurse from the one who has died. The one who's died was the one who answered the phone. Although I'm not entirely sure what it was she said over the phone, anyone know? :confused:

I wonder what happened :frown:
Original post by LemonPi
I read on BBC news that the nurse who actually talked about Kate's condition to the DJs was a different nurse from the one who has died. The one who's died was the one who answered the phone. Although I'm not entirely sure what it was she said over the phone, anyone know? :confused:

they said "can i speak to my granddaughter" something like that and then she just replied "yes ma'am, i'll put you through" and transferred them.
Reply 9
Original post by aja89
A tragic consequence of an illjudged and seriously unfunny prank. The nurse in question must have been going through some extraneous problems in her life but the idiot DJs and their antics no doubt contributed to her feelings.

stop talking nonsense it was a harmless prank call that most people find at least slightly amusing not everyone likes to live boring and miserable stuck up lives. It's not in anyway the DJ's fault the nurse clearly had mental issues if something like this set her off then she would have killed herself eventually anyway over something else.
Reply 10
Lolwut? that's a bit extreme isn't it? There must have been some underlying issues here, some media outlets are making it seem as if the DJs tormented her and made her life a living hell. Of course it's sad but, come on?
Reply 11
In my opinion the DJs haven't done anything THAT bad. I mean It's a tragic story, but you wouldn't be able to foresee anything like this happening from a prank call.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Excellent-nurse-took-Kate-Middleton-hoax-phone-dead-suspected-suicide.html
http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/12/07/kate-middleton-nurse-dead-twitter-reaction/

the comments on these articles blaming the DJ's and calling for them to be sacked are bloody ridiculous absolute retarded miserable ****ers, if they think this prank call would make a mentally sane person kill them self then they are fools. Should all prank calls be banned from now on then incase the embaressment makes the person commit suicide? because that's what these morons are calling for.

Obviously it's a shame that the women died and no doubt the DJ's wish they hadn't made the call but it is not their fault at all it's not like they abused the woman.
Perhaps seeing the Duchess & Duke of Cambridge was all a bit too much? 0.o

Why did I get negged for this? 0.o
(edited 11 years ago)
So these two DJs have tormented Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge whilst she was in hospital carrying our (and Australia's) future Monarch, and now the nurse they included in their cruel prank has committed suicide. Can someone please tell me why they're not in prison right now? Surely we have some kind of extradition treaty with Australia, why can't we haul them before a court in this country and make them pay for their crimes? I'm fuming here...
Original post by Leon Trotsky
So these two DJs have tormented Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge whilst she was in hospital carrying our (and Australia's) future Monarch, and now the nurse they included in their cruel prank has committed suicide. Can someone please tell me why they're not in prison right now? Surely we have some kind of extradition treaty with Australia, why can't we haul them before a court in this country and make them pay for their crimes? I'm fuming here...

sorry I can't tell if your joking or not
Original post by k1rby
She made a mistake, doesn't mean she had it coming or deserved it. Also, the media has no evidence to support that she killed herself as police investigation has only just begun so it could be murder for all we know.

Original post by LemonPi

Original post by Bellissima
they said "can i speak to my granddaughter" something like that and then she just replied "yes ma'am, i'll put you through" and transferred them.

Exactly, guys, that's why it's all the more suspicious. Apparently, now it's being called a "SUSPECTED suicide". If it turns out that the nurse is actually dead (as we can't be so sure yet), I'd be really suspicious. Why would you kill yourself over such a little incident as this - unless she was murdered (and the murderers are much, much closer to home and they can't be imprisoned HINT HINT).
Reply 17
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
murderers are much, much closer to home and they can't be imprisoned HINT HINT

:eek:
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Exactly, guys, that's why it's all the more suspicious. Apparently, now it's being called a "SUSPECTED suicide". If it turns out that the nurse is actually dead (as we can't be so sure yet), I'd be really suspicious. Why would you kill yourself over such a little incident as this - unless she was murdered (and the murderers are much, much closer to home and they can't be imprisoned HINT HINT).

If you really think the royal family would have someone executed because of a nothing incident like that then you are a psycho.

She obviously had underlying issues that were the real reason for her suicide the prank call was just the straw that broke the camels back.
Sad, but in no way the fault of the radio DJ's that made the prank call. Does anyone really think they expected it to work? Being able to ring up the hospital and obtain information whilst pretending to be the Queen does seem really far fetched to me, I wouldn't have expected it to go anywhere further than the reception desk, to be honest. It was hardly a malicious prank... the media have totally blown this out of proportion, and I imagine the poor woman that took the call has taken the brunt of the the blame and guilt, leading to unfortunate news like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending