The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Drop Out/ Temp Withdraw

Hey, currently in my 2nd year as an IBERS student. I love Aber and everyone here but the course hasn't been going well for me at all this year (Missed a few deadlines purely by stupid mistakes counting for around 18% of marks across 2 modules)and I've just been unable to settle properly. I'm thinking about withdrawing for the rest of the year, but I worry with my performance so far I would not be allowed to return. Has anyone done a temp withdrawal before??How do I go about it and are there rules, like do I have to have a specific reason for it- would they let me back?!
Reply 1
Talk to your tudor. I am on my frst year and I am withrawing permanently.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hi, just seen this thread and was wondering what you decided to do? I am in a similar position - 2nd year Geography student at Aber and I hate my course. I absolutely love living here and I have some great friends but its just the course I hate. I have fallen behind in my modules due to having no motivation to do any extra reading and I know my January exams are not going well so far. I am considering temporary withdrawal until next September and switching course to human geography, as its the physical side of my course I hate the most. Just interested to find out what you decided and whether they let you temporarily withdraw?
Reply 3
I withdrew during my first year following Christmas as things weren't going well. The point of contact would be your personal tutor and after discussing it with them you can take it further. I very much doubt they wouldn't let you return, sometimes the university are quite helpful in understanding the difficult of it all.

Quick Reply

Latest