The Student Room Group

Best hot chocolate?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hot chocolate Milano from Caffe Nero and standard Starbucks/Costa, etc. hot chocolate with hazelnut syrup.
Options sachets, they're really creamy and yuuummm :wink: but if I get a proper hot chocolate out somewhere there's a place in London Marylebone and I've completely forgotten what it's called but they did a white chocolate hot chocolate and it had white choc chunks and cream on the top... heaven :biggrin:
M&S is nice :drool: Cream and mini marshmallows!
Reply 43
Aero :smile:
Whittards have loads of nice hot chocolates, I got some for my birthday :smile:
Their White Chocolate & Strawberry one is delicious :tongue:
Reply 45
I hate all the instant hot chocolate stuff you make with water. There is no point in a hot chocolate made mostly of water, it's just... wrong.

My favourite hot chocolate is either Green and Black's, or made with Drinking Chocolate Drops from a chocolate shop in my local town.

Out of the house, John Lewis/M&S hot chocolates are always a good place to start... especially in John Lewis with a pancake on the side... om nom nom.
I make this Jamie Oliver one, it has; grated chocolate, icing sugar, cornflour and hot chocolate powder. It's so amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cherry flavoured options.
Reply 48
All those 'Hot Chocolates' you get here that you make with hot water taste horrendous IMO.
Benco is the best imo, but not sure if you can get it over here.
http://static.austriangrocery.com/upload/image/big/BEN1001.jpg
Reply 49
Original post by Chr0n
All those 'Hot Chocolates' you get here that you make with hot water taste horrendous IMO.
Benco is the best imo, but not sure if you can get it over here.
http://static.austriangrocery.com/upload/image/big/BEN1001.jpg

I had this stuff in Austria! But I had mine cold? like a milkshake?
Reply 50
It was the free stuff at Munich Airport. Had no idea what it was but it was delicious and for free, can't complain at that.
Reply 51
Options with a Cadbury's Crunchy melted in it.
Options Brownie Hot chocolate, with as much milk as you can put in it without it getting cold. I love it. You can get 7 sachets for £1.50 at Sainsburys, and one sachet equals one cup, so it's also slightly easier.
Reply 53
Do you guys use hot water or hot/cold milk? I have only ever used hot water and some milk. Also what type of powder should I buy?

Thanks.
Reply 54
Original post by otrivine
I love Costas Hot chocolate so good!

This.
I don't really drink it, but when I do just the cadburys stuff you make up with milk.

My GF likes the options or the small sachets of cadburys which have flavours like fudge and such, problem is they seem designed for water and every time I make one up with milk they seem to go lumpy so I have to strain it, no idea why.
Reply 56
Malteasers! Orrr the minty options sachet, nom nom.
Reply 57
Possibly galaxy, or malteser, I really can't decide!!
Reply 58
What is this "option" hot chocolate people keep talking about?
I like the cadbury's one. I make it with hot water then top it off with milk :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest