The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham university applicants (starting Sept 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I imagine that the uni probably have a society for noodles, considering they have a battle reenactment society.

Only need 20 signatures for it anyway, even if they don't. :P

By the looks of the snow my day is definitely going to be cold and wet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 81
Original post by Beth_Armitage
Gd luck with your interview! And when you do get an offer (which I'm sure you will) join the Fb group and I reccommend apply for accomm as soon as you recieve your offer :smile:

Do you know what the cheapest accommodation is?
Original post by AhmedAli95
Do you know what the cheapest accommodation is?

Erm maple of ashcroft I think but check their website to be sure :smile:
Reply 83
I'm firming Birmingham :smile:
I see that Tennis Courts/Elgar Court are popular choices. When I've been on visit days, I really liked the look of Mason but I haven't seen anyone on here yet mention that, just wondering why that's not a popular choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It appears to be v popular on the fb page (come join if u have firmed) :smile: Personally ive gone for tennis but lots people have chosen mason

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I thought I'd post a thread for those who have applied to birmingham and want to go there or have firmed their place there.
What subject to do you want to do?
What grades do you need?
What accommodation you looking at?
Just me being nosy really

I haven't firmed it yet, still waiting for a few other responses! But it is likely to be my firm / back up :smile:
International Business with Spanish.
AAB.....I know :redface:
Haven't even considered the accomodation yet! But something with my own bathroom defo!
Reply 86
I thought I'd post a thread for those who have applied to birmingham and want to go there or have firmed their place there.
What subject to do you want to do?
What grades do you need?
What accommodation you looking at?
Just me being nosy really :wink:

I'm 99% sure I'm going to firm, depends on whether I get to live in a castle in Durham or not. And even then I will probably still choose Birmingham because it's closer and apparently warmer.

Probably not the best reasons to choose a University though...

Anyways I need ABB for Modern Languages at Birmingham and I loved it there. But I don't know what accommodation to go for, has anyone visited the accommodation? I can't really afford to splash out on a fancy en suite but is there a significant difference in quality between the cheapest/more expensive accommodation? -I didn't get chance to see it all when I visited :/
Reply 87
So I went to Warwick today, still impressed. :-/ now I've got to make the decision between brum and Warwick.

Too hard. Might just cop out and get a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
It appears to be v popular on the fb page (come join if u have firmed) :smile: Personally ive gone for tennis but lots people have chosen mason

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really that's great! I've just joined the Facebook page I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ceotel3
Oh really that's great! I've just joined the Facebook page I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woop! Join in the posts and what not if you wish (obvs am not gonna force you aha). What course you applied to again (I may have asked this before, sorry if I have) :smile:

Original post by cavalera94
So I went to Warwick today, still impressed. :-/ now I've got to make the decision between brum and Warwick.

Too hard. Might just cop out and get a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a bad idea, saves on stress for exams :wink: Obvs I'm gona be biased and say COME TO BRUM! Depends whether your going on prestige or party life...aha

Original post by donald94
I'm 99% sure I'm going to firm, depends on whether I get to live in a castle in Durham or not. And even then I will probably still choose Birmingham because it's closer and apparently warmer.

Probably not the best reasons to choose a University though...

Anyways I need ABB for Modern Languages at Birmingham and I loved it there. But I don't know what accommodation to go for, has anyone visited the accommodation? I can't really afford to splash out on a fancy en suite but is there a significant difference in quality between the cheapest/more expensive accommodation? -I didn't get chance to see it all when I visited :/

Yay pick Brum! They have a shopping centre with a friggin bull in it how can you not want to come merley to see this (plus they have a bull made of jelly beans in the selfridges there :wink:) I originally wanted ensuite but after seeing the prices and almost passing out for some reason I changed my mind...Not bad grades needed, I'm sure you'll get them :smile: I hvn't visited the accomm but look on TSR posts and it depends what you want out of it really. Even the cheapest ones apparently are really nice tho. Plus you can apply and change options later.

Original post by Devina-S

I haven't firmed it yet, still waiting for a few other responses! But it is likely to be my firm / back up :smile:
International Business with Spanish.
AAB.....I know :redface:
Haven't even considered the accomodation yet! But something with my own bathroom defo!

Woo go for firm! (Again my bias is kicking in) I would defo advice you apply for accomm now (you can I'm pretty sure as soon as you have an offer) esp as some are v popular :smile: Good grades needed tho
Reply 90
But for physics birmingham has just as much prestige as Warwick. I'm really stuck between them both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
anyone applied for criminal investigations?:biggrin:
Reply 92
going to firm my offer tomorrow :biggrin:
who else has firmed??
Join the fb group as theres loads of us that have firmed. Come join the party! :smile: link in this discussion earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
who is going on the aplicant visit day on the 6th of March??
Reply 95

Yay pick Brum! They have a shopping centre with a friggin bull in it how can you not want to come merley to see this (plus they have a bull made of jelly beans in the selfridges there :wink:) I originally wanted ensuite but after seeing the prices and almost passing out for some reason I changed my mind...Not bad grades needed, I'm sure you'll get them :smile: I hvn't visited the accomm but look on TSR posts and it depends what you want out of it really. Even the cheapest ones apparently are really nice tho. Plus you can apply and change options later.

A bull made of jelly beans???! :eek: Why don't they advertise this in the prospectus? I am definitely firming now!
I hope you didn't pass out because of the prices :s-smilie:
I think I'll just go for the cheapest accommodation so I have more money for food :colone:
Reply 96
Anyone else got an ancient history offer? :smile:
Reply 97
Got a conditional for BSc International Business with Japanese!!!!!! :smile:
Congrats to those with offers!

Original post by donald94
A bull made of jelly beans???! :eek: Why don't they advertise this in the prospectus? I am definitely firming now!
I hope you didn't pass out because of the prices :s-smilie:
I think I'll just go for the cheapest accommodation so I have more money for food :colone:

Haha yeah they do in the bullring in selfridges its truly an amaze site and seriously I may have to make several reccommendations to their prospectuses if I get in aha
Haha almost but its ok I'm strong so I saved my passing out for later situations :wink: Good idea I'm going for tennis courts which isnt the cheapest but by far not the priciest. you looked at maple? ashcroft?
Reply 99
Original post by epurnell1
Anyone else got an ancient history offer? :smile:

I applied for classics, so maybe we will be allocated around the same places :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending