The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Are the bangor halls on campus?

I am putting Bangor on my application, even though I haven't been to the open day :colondollar: and I just wondered if anyone knows, are the halls of residence on campus, or would I have to get a bus to them if I went there?

Thanks anyone who knows Bangor or went to the Open Day!
Reply 1
Original post by Mummie
I am putting Bangor on my application, even though I haven't been to the open day :colondollar: and I just wondered if anyone knows, are the halls of residence on campus, or would I have to get a bus to them if I went there?

Thanks anyone who knows Bangor or went to the Open Day!

There are halls on campus yes :3 The ones on the ffriddoedd site are about a 5 minute walk from the main buildings I think? My best friend is there at the moment and it only seems to take him 5 minutes to get to lectures :smile:
The other halls on the main site are still in walking distance I think though :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
oh thanks, that really helps!
Ffridd is about 5 minute walk away from Main Arts, which is where most lectures are held... Wheldon, Chem Tower and Dean Street are a bit further out and down a MASSIVE hill which tbh you can't avoid as the best shops are down there too...

Normal Site is about a 20 minute walk away and is best if you wanna do sports science or primary ed. I live on Normal and do Chemistry and it takes me about 25 minutes to walk into town- the walk isn't that bad, considering I have a bad knee it's okay :smile: The environment on Normal Site is also SOOO much better :smile: We have open plan rather than closed-off groups of us, a site society (the JCR) who are a right laugh and we've won pretty much all of the Inter Halls stuff this year :smile:
Reply 4
Sounds great. I've had a conditional offer from Bangor, with grades that are achieveable, so that's really helpful, thanks!:smile:
What course are you planning on doing? :smile:
Reply 6
Economics!:smile:
Reply 7
If you want to be on ffriddoed and not in a flat then reichel is a good option, I'm in there and it's much cheaper than the others and we're all on a corridor and my room is bigger than other people's in other buildings :smile: the only 'downside' is that it's not ensuite but I've never had a problem with that and our bathrooms get cleaned which is always a bonus! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest