The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Go and ring up then and tell me! I don't already know the answer.

And I said when I wanted to do Journalism. I never said I actually did it, I don't! I actually do German and Translation Studies.

BUT does that mean I know nothing about my own University's reputation? No. I also do Tour Guiding for the University on Open Days, so I have to know, and have had training sessions where we've been given conclusive proof that Aston's Business School is one of the top ones in the country. This Uni's small enough to know about all the Schools.

I can't figure out why you have more right to be in this argument than me either, you're not at Aston or Bath. If you're that into Bath, why not go and rant on the version of this thread in their sub-forum? This whole thread was to argue Aston's case, not get into an argument with someone who's not even really being asked.
Lil Lee
Go and ring up then and tell me! I don't already know the answer.

And I said when I wanted to do Journalism. I never said I actually did it, I don't! I actually do German and Translation Studies.

BUT does that mean I know nothing about my own University's reputation? No. I also do Tour Guiding for the University on Open Days, so I have to know, and have had training sessions where we've been given conclusive proof that Aston's Business School is one of the top ones in the country. This Uni's small enough to know about all the Schools.

I can't figure out why you have more right to be in this argument than me either, you're not at Aston or Bath. If you're that into Bath, why not go and rant on the version of this thread in their sub-forum? This whole thread was to argue Aston's case, not get into an argument with someone who's not even really being asked.

Why don't you ring up and ask if you really want to know the answer and won't believe someone who already does. I on't need to rign up, you obviously do.

Wow, German and translations studies, thats really much more relevant to business than journalism!!! I said that because your course has nothing to do with business!

Ooh a tour guide, wow you must know everything about what employers think, yes that propaganda that Aston feeds u must be the words and views of Investment Banks and consulting companies alike

I have more right to this argument than you because I have applied for Management courses at top universities and am going to Nottingham to read the subject, and have spent many an hour trying to figure out what the top management schools were and Aston didn't come into the conclusion really. So yes I do know what I am talking about compared to you.

Also, this thread was not to argue Aston's case, it was for the op to get some non biased advice on which would be the better uni for Management, Aston, Bath or Edinburgh, of which Bath would be the best place.

End of conversation, I can't be bothered to argue with people who really don't know what they are talking about and feel they have a right to talk crap when all they study is German and translation studies lol
Reply 62
ashley710
Why don't you ring up and ask if you really want to know the answer and won't believe someone who already does. I on't need to rign up, you obviously do.

Wow, German and translations studies, thats really much more relevant to business than journalism!!! I said that because your course has nothing to do with business!

Ooh a tour guide, wow you must know everything about what employers think, yes that propaganda that Aston feeds u must be the words and views of Investment Banks and consulting companies alike

I have more right to this argument than you because I have applied for Management courses at top universities and am going to Nottingham to read the subject, and have spent many an hour trying to figure out what the top management schools were and Aston didn't come into the conclusion really. So yes I do know what I am talking about compared to you.

Also, this thread was not to argue Aston's case, it was for the op to get some non biased advice on which would be the better uni for Management, Aston, Bath or Edinburgh, of which Bath would be the best place.

End of conversation, I can't be bothered to argue with people who really don't know what they are talking about and feel they have a right to talk crap when all they study is German and translation studies lol

Damn, you really are stupid.
Non-biased?!?!?! You're in no way neutral here! You wanted to go to Bath til they turned you down. Plus, you can guarantee the OP was at least expecting a biased view when they posted in the Uni's own sub-forums.

You have given me no conclusive proof that Bath is any better. I've never said that Aston was better than Bath, I'm just defending it against the fact that you clearly underestimate how much reputation the Uni has in the business world.

All the training I've had as a tour guide has given non-biased proof, such as ratings in The Times and I'm almost positive there were some interviews with employers about the Business School and how good they think it is.

Don't you think I looked into my first choice Uni's reputation as a whole, as well as just my own School? Because I did. Maybe I don't know it in as much detail as you, because I never wanted to study what you do, but I can at least say I know more than your average person off the street about my University's reputation (as a whole and also just the Business School as well as Languages and Social Sciences) in the wider world. Why would anyone intelligent pick somewhere which didn't have a good reputation?

And also, that final dig was way too personal. "All" I study is German and Translation Studies? You can't tell me that Business, Management and Economics type courses are any harder. Do you have the majority of your lectures in a foreign language? They're completely different subjects and you really can't compare the difficulty. You clearly think I'm a lesser person because I don't study what you do.

As for the ringing up thing, I just wanted you to prove to me that Aston has as rubbish a reputation as you're making out. To be honest, I just wanted to see whether you could provide me with any evidence at all to back up your claims. You can't make an argument without backing it up, anyone at our level of education, even people only doing their GCSEs should know that.
Reply 64
A level business exam technique,

Content, Application, Analysis, Evaluation - form a conclusive argument and augment it with your opinion. Boosh. :tongue:
Alchemy
A level business exam technique,

Content, Application, Analysis, Evaluation - form a conclusive argument and augment it with your opinion. Boosh. :tongue:

Haha.

Believe it or not, some people in my class after 2 years still don't know how to applicate. Mind you, most of them are blonde...
Reply 66
Multiplexed
Haha.

Believe it or not, some people in my class after 2 years still don't know how to applicate. Mind you, most of them are blonde...

Well, they are unlikely to get into either Bath or Aston. Just to apply that to this argument :tongue:
Reply 67
Alchemy
Well, they are unlikely to get into either Bath or Aston. Just to apply that to this argument :tongue:

PS, only evaluate on the 15 mark questions. On AQA that's what we're told anyhow.
lukeitfc
PS, only evaluate on the 15 mark questions. On AQA that's what we're told anyhow.

You should Evaluate in any question worth 10+.
Reply 69
Well, it's 6, 8 and 15.

You do the maths :P
Reply 70
He he he, you guys are really getting into it. I applied to Aston, edin, manchester, kings, cardiff and wat was it....holloway i think. To tell you the truth I had never heard anything about bath business school. I went to school in somerset (very close to bath) and NO one at my school mentioned it when I asked around for good business schools.

We all know (as business students and all) that branding is very important. Reputations altho mostly based on stats which lee lee seems to be the queen of, is a very important factor when choosing which business school to go to.

Leauge tables although a great tool should not be your only reason for picking a Uni. Infact when looking at the tables at business studies top schools, most of them dont even offer a straight business studies course, Imperial for example (tanaka business school) only teaches business as joint honnors degree. Something obscure like aeronautical engineering with business....I have some decent links in the business world (thanks to my good old dad lol) and when I asked employers at Mercedes Benz, FCB, Satchi and Satchi, Vodafone and others, those who had heard about aston (some contacts were outside UK) told me to definitly go for aston or secondly edin. Aston is quite unknown internationally I give you that, but I know that I wont go for a job in Jamaica and the man or woman says, oooh aston, mhhhmmmm not as good as bath im sorry we dont want you!!!

Im not going to come forward with any evidence as such, but ashley you do seem mightly quick to come down against aston. It does have a very high employment rate as a UNI.

Bath is a really nice place and all, went there for my 18th infact, and having lived in London for a part of my life and having visited Birmingham, I can tell you that bath has nothing, i repeat nothing on aston where it comes to night life. I have a few friends who go there for computing and another for p.e or sumthing. most importantly for me tho.....bath uni is on a *** off massive mountain of a hill, and it really does suck having to walk up that bloody slope everytime u want something from tescos or after a heavy night. lol. But hey theyre both great unis, and surely if i were to compete for a job with someone from bath they wouldnt dismiss me just for going to aston. It depends really....ashley why are you soooo hostile against aston and standing up for a uni who doesnt like you......if you behaved like you are now on your personal statement I think i can figure out why!!! Anyway hope everyone is well!
Reply 71
Multiplexed
Haha.

I'm blonde...I got offers from Bath and Aston (and everywhere else I applied to)...in fact I had an offer for Bath of a B in maths and a C in chemistry, when the standard is ABB...sighs...what was that about blondes?
dingaling
I'm blonde...I got offers from Bath and Aston (and everywhere else I applied to)...in fact I had an offer for Bath of a B in maths and a C in chemistry, when the standard is ABB...sighs...what was that about blondes?

That sentence structure just proves my point. Only joking. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending