The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2013

Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to Bangor University in 2013....thought it would be good to get to know people before I get there. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kayne1494
Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to Bangor University in 2013....thought it would be good to get to know people before I get there. :smile:

Yep! Are you definitely going there? What are you going to be studying?
I'm going to be doing English Language and Creative Writing, I can't wait!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Well it is my first choice and they have given me a conditional offer which I think I can meet so it looks that way. I am going to be studying Law.. really looking forward to it!!

Hope to see you in September!!
Reply 3
Well it is my first choice and they have given me a conditional offer which I think I can meet so it looks that way. I am going to be studying Law.. really looking forward to it!!

Hope to see you in September!!

congrats! :biggrin:
Will you be staying in halls? :3
Reply 4
Thank-you!! And yes I will be hopefully. How about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Thank-you!! And yes I will be hopefully. How about you? :smile:

yep! Have you got any idea which halls you'd prefer? :3 I'm mostly considering Elidir I think.
If you don't mind daily walks stay on Normal Site!! It's sooooo much better and I have friends on Ffridd Site who say they prefer the open environment on Normal rather than the closed-in flats on Ffridd.

Put it this way, if you don't get on with your flatmates, or have an argument, you're stuck there... on Normal you can just move :P PLUS we win all the IHS stuff :P
Reply 7
To be honest I haven't really considered accommodation yet I will have a look soon and let you know. I want somewhere that's close to the Law building ideally, but I will have a good look through and I'll let you know!!
Reply 8
Original post by Jakeul200493
If you don't mind daily walks stay on Normal Site!! It's sooooo much better and I have friends on Ffridd Site who say they prefer the open environment on Normal rather than the closed-in flats on Ffridd.

Put it this way, if you don't get on with your flatmates, or have an argument, you're stuck there... on Normal you can just move :P PLUS we win all the IHS stuff :P

Just had a look at the Normal site, it looks pretty good. I think I will be moving into halls there hopefully. I will let you know. Are there any buses which take you to the main campus or Law School?? Don't fancy walking two miles in the rain if I don't have to!! :wink:
Reply 9
Hey!
bangor was the first offer i got back in november and hope to put it as my firm choice :smile: i'll be studying geography hopefully!:biggrin:
Just had a look at the Normal site, it looks pretty good. I think I will be moving into halls there hopefully. I will let you know. Are there any buses which take you to the main campus or Law School?? Don't fancy walking two miles in the rain if I don't have to!! :wink:

There's a bus that stops outside normal site into town, but people rarely get it for some reason xD
Reply 11
There's a bus that stops outside normal site into town, but people rarely get it for some reason xD

Buses are expensive! ;-;

I will admit though, your firm adoration of the Normal site is starting to get to me a bit :P I was (and probably still will be) dead set on Elidir but the Normal site is so much cheaper... ;-;
Sigh.

Oh, one question. The virtual tours on the accommodation website... is that what the rooms actually look like? :3
Original post by Kirstyae
Buses are expensive! ;-;

I will admit though, your firm adoration of the Normal site is starting to get to me a bit :P I was (and probably still will be) dead set on Elidir but the Normal site is so much cheaper... ;-;
Sigh.

Oh, one question. The virtual tours on the accommodation website... is that what the rooms actually look like? :3

Lol xD I do push them quite well :smile: I was going to apply for the JCR but the only thing that put me off was I need to babysit my friend next year, we're in a bromance lol

I think that's what they're like xD I can't access it at the moment but from what I remember it didn't look too different.

Excuse how much of a state I look, but the pictures are what my room looks like, it's fairly big- the rooms on ffridd are smaller but bathroom xD

myroom.jpgmyroom2.jpg
Reply 13
Lol xD I do push them quite well :smile: I was going to apply for the JCR but the only thing that put me off was I need to babysit my friend next year, we're in a bromance lol

I think that's what they're like xD I can't access it at the moment but from what I remember it didn't look too different.

Excuse how much of a state I look, but the pictures are what my room looks like, it's fairly big- the rooms on ffridd are smaller but bathroom xD

Ahh, thank you! :biggrin: Look's pretty much the same as the virtual tour, right down to the appearance of living in a forest o.o (Trees!)
Yeah, you can't really see them but I'm on the back of Seiriol which overlooks the Menai Straits so its a pretty awesome view :smile: Also the beach isnt too far from us... if you can call it a beach xD
Hey everyone,
Received conditional for Zoology with Herpetology and will be putting it as my firm. I love the place, it's amazing.
I'm kind of confused about the halls now. Apparently the Ffridoedd site or something is the best, apparently the rooms are mostly new, you have an ensuite, yes you pay a little bit more but from the sounds of it it's worth it.
Which site are you staying on Jakul?
Original post by piers.townsend
Hey everyone,
Received conditional for Zoology with Herpetology and will be putting it as my firm. I love the place, it's amazing.
I'm kind of confused about the halls now. Apparently the Ffridoedd site or something is the best, apparently the rooms are mostly new, you have an ensuite, yes you pay a little bit more but from the sounds of it it's worth it.
Which site are you staying on Jakul?

I'm on Normal Site :smile: Ffridd site is good, and the rooms are newer, you get your ensuite and you pay like almost double the rent, BUT on normal site you get the JCR which is a society for the site basically they get you drunk and take us on day trips if you're into that sorta stuff (went to Beaumaris Castle etc.), we ace on the Interhalls Spirit tournament, we get wi-fi which you only get in Reichel on Ffridd (which I don't think has ensuites) and the rooms are better.

Put it this way, my best mate's girlfriend and a few of our friends live on Ffridd and all of them say they'd prefer to live on Normal Site :P The bathrooms get cleaned daily so they ain't that bad :smile: They're just cold lol
Reply 17
Guys is anyone from you all planning to come to Bangor University in this Sep'13 intake for UG or PG???
I have got an offer letter from the university for my PG, so just wanna know is anyone coming in this intake... :h:
I'm on Normal Site :smile: Ffridd site is good, and the rooms are newer, you get your ensuite and you pay like almost double the rent, BUT on normal site you get the JCR which is a society for the site basically they get you drunk and take us on day trips if you're into that sorta stuff (went to Beaumaris Castle etc.), we ace on the Interhalls Spirit tournament, we get wi-fi which you only get in Reichel on Ffridd (which I don't think has ensuites) and the rooms are better.

Put it this way, my best mate's girlfriend and a few of our friends live on Ffridd and all of them say they'd prefer to live on Normal Site :P The bathrooms get cleaned daily so they ain't that bad :smile: They're just cold lol

I will put it this way, see what you think. I love socializing and I love meeting people and making new friends. I don't tend to drink very often, just out of choice. But I like my own space, I like my own area, and I like to be able too have a shower without knowing someone could come and bother me. I do sound very anti-social, I'm not really haha! I just think I like the modern look of the new rooms and stuff. Maybe before I come in September I will pop down for admissions day or something, and then come and see both if that's possible.
I look forward to normal site or Frriffdoed, but I think I would rather have the bright look of the new ones, I'm a nerd and revise constantly!
Reply 19
Original post by amish_tr
Guys is anyone from you all planning to come to Bangor University in this Sep'13 intake for UG or PG???
I have got an offer letter from the university for my PG, so just wanna know is anyone coming in this intake... :h:

Yep I am hoping to come to Bangor in the September 2013 intake for U.G. Law.

Quick Reply

Latest