The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I need to go to the invitation day yet. 22nd of February. But from what I've seen and heard on the internet. It looks set to be my first choice. I really like the idea of everything being walking distance. :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by kayne1494
Yep I am hoping to come to Bangor in the September 2013 intake for U.G. Law.

congrats bro for your offer letter... :smile:
Well i too am planning to come Bangor Univ hopefully then...
Reply 22
Original post by lewis7
I need to go to the invitation day yet. 22nd of February. But from what I've seen and heard on the internet. It looks set to be my first choice. I really like the idea of everything being walking distance. :smile:

I am booked onto that open day so I should see you there. What degree are you planning on doing. Which site are you staying on?? :smile:
Reply 23
I am booked onto that open day so I should see you there. What degree are you planning on doing. Which site are you staying on?? :smile:

Cool :biggrin: Bsc in chemistry :smile: I have to go to the school of chemistry department for 11am according to the pack they have sent me. So will be getting the train from Manchester, Piccadilly quite early. Should be an interesting and good day.
Reply 24
Original post by lewis7
Cool :biggrin: Bsc in chemistry :smile: I have to go to the school of chemistry department for 11am according to the pack they have sent me. So will be getting the train from Manchester, Piccadilly quite early. Should be an interesting and good day.

That's fantastic it will be great to have someone from Manchester as well going to the same uni!! :smile: I have to be at the Law school for about that time too. My parents are taking me they like to 'be involved'!! :/ Lucky me!!! lol.. Hopefully I will see you there..
Reply 25
That's fantastic it will be great to have someone from Manchester as well going to the same uni!! :smile: I have to be at the Law school for about that time too. My parents are taking me they like to 'be involved'!! :/ Lucky me!!! lol.. Hopefully I will see you there..

Yeah it is. I'm going to go alone I think, to try get used to it being independent and that. Still feel too young to go university, time is flying!
Reply 26
Original post by lewis7
Still feel too young to go university, time is flying!

Me too, and I'll be 21 by the time September rolls around!
Reply 27
Original post by Kirstyae
Me too, and I'll be 21 by the time September rolls around!

Wow, I hope I feel a little older when I'm 20/21 haha. I'm only 18 in March! Going uni seems a daunting prospect but a good learning curve at that:biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by lewis7
Wow, I hope I feel a little older when I'm 20/21 haha. I'm only 18 in March! Going uni seems a daunting prospect but a good learning curve at that:biggrin:

i still feel the same as i did when i was 16! ^^"
it is a little daunting, but I've waited so long now that I just can't wait :biggrin: I'm so excited for it and it's still 9 months away yet!
Reply 29
I'm hoping to study History or History with Archeology in September and i know a couple of other people at my sixth form who have applied to Bangor as well. Hope i can get in as i really love the uni site when i went for the open day. Anyone else think it looked like a castle or hogwarts???
Reply 30
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Ive recently got my offer from Bangor to study History which I'm really pleased about having sent my application off quite late and with Bangor being my top choice.

I was wondering if anyone has any up to date information on halls at the uni? I've had a look around but can't seem to find anything recent or something to catches my eye.
Hope to see you all in September :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Ellis1

Ive recently got my offer from Bangor to study History which I'm really pleased about having sent my application off quite late and with Bangor being my top choice.

I was wondering if anyone has any up to date information on halls at the uni? I've had a look around but can't seem to find anything recent or something to catches my eye.

Someone else who wants to do History :biggrin: Are you going to one of the applicant days??
Reply 32
Original post by Ellis1

I know when I looked a couple days ago they'd just updated the prices for next year on the bangor website. I'm pretty sure that everything on the site is up to date too, I know that the virtual tours are accurate for the normal site and for the newer buildings like llanddwyn.

i think i'll be staying in cefn y coed or elidir... hmm.
Reply 33
Original post by CloverLeaf
Someone else who wants to do History :biggrin: Are you going to one of the applicant days??

I think so but I'm not sure which one yet. I'm coming from Manchester so it would be a full day job
Reply 34
Original post by Ellis1
I think so but I'm not sure which one yet. I'm coming from Manchester so it would be a full day job

I've got to come from Gloucestershire so I will have to stay overnight. I'm going on the 20th of April so that my dad can come. Have you been to the university before??
Reply 35
Original post by Kirstyae
Yep! Are you definitely going there? What are you going to be studying?
I'm going to be doing English Language and Creative Writing, I can't wait!

I'm studying that too wooo! Except i think i've forgotten everything ever about English but i'll wing it
Reply 36
Original post by CloverLeaf
I've got to come from Gloucestershire so I will have to stay overnight. I'm going on the 20th of April so that my dad can come. Have you been to the university before??

I went to an open day and ive been round the area before. I didn't really get a chance to see the accommodation though but I'll take anywhere as long as its lively
Reply 37
Original post by Ellis1
I went to an open day and ive been round the area before. I didn't really get a chance to see the accommodation though but I'll take anywhere as long as its lively

I managed to get round the accomodation and it was quite nice considering its not that expensive for some of them.
Reply 38
Got my offer yesturday for Marine Biology/Oceanography for 2013 and im putting it as my firm. Has everyone gor the open day email cause i havnt got one yet but want to attend
Reply 39
How do you get booked onto the open days? for those with offers? Got an offer for Law and french :smile:

[QUOTE]Anyone else think it looked like a castle or hogwarts???

[/QUOTE

OMG YES!! I thought I was the only one who thought that! :smile: It sounds stupid, but thats one of the reasons I want to go to bangor, im such a harry potter nerd! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest