The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AnotherPoet
ooh sunny, i like sunny! will make a difference from the awful london weather!
yeahhh, everyones telling me to expect rain like all the time, i mean really - get off my happy Bangor cloud!

Original post by Bethan.94
Yeah it's gorgeous!! Although my mum told me it's one of the sunniest places in the UK, and everyone i've spoken to has told me the weather is ****, so we've got that to look forward to ha

honestly it cant be any worse than south wales right now. I went out earlier and it was lovely and sunny, looked outside half an hour later and we had a blizzard going on! It's horrible and cloudy now D:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 61
ooh sunny, i like sunny! will make a difference from the awful london weather!
yeahhh, everyones telling me to expect rain like all the time, i mean really - get off my happy Bangor cloud!

Haha same, anything could happen if it was sunny and i'd still be happy, i could die and i'd still be humming away!
Ooh you live in London? My sister would be having a spaz attack, she loves it there, she has a London themed room (saddo)
Haha, just hit em
Reply 62
Original post by Kirstyae
honestly it cant be any worse than south wales right now. I went out earlier and it was lovely and sunny, looked outside half an hour later and we had a blizzard going on! It's horrible and cloudy now D:

it's been snowing all day here! It just came at me on the way to work and attacked my poor little face

tempermental weather, why am i not suprised! blizzard? oh no!
and snow? oh dear. its quite sunny over here, but cold, very very cold
Haha same, anything could happen if it was sunny and i'd still be happy, i could die and i'd still be humming away!
Ooh you live in London? My sister would be having a spaz attack, she loves it there, she has a London themed room (saddo)
Haha, just hit em

haha, im the same, the sun makes everything better!
London really isnt all that, too much people and awkward staring at ads on the tube >>
Reply 65
haha, im the same, the sun makes everything better!
London really isnt all that, too much people and awkward staring at ads on the tube >>

were you born in Summer then?:smile:
Yeah, i like it though, it's all busy and city like and cool, but yeah i'm bad enough on trains where i live, i always try and avoid eye contact and my face just spazzes if someone's sat opposite me haha. So yeah, London's probably a million times busier!
Reply 66
Yeah it's gorgeous!! Although my mum told me it's one of the sunniest places in the UK, and everyone i've spoken to has told me the weather is ****, so we've got that to look forward to ha

It certainly has its pros and cons weather wise. In the summer, it can be a fantastic place to live/study on a warm sunny day, you can see the mountains clearly and everyone flocks to the pier and the whole place has a lovely feel to it. But and its a big but, the weather can often be ****ing dreadful and imo a pretty miserable place in the winter, it can be almost constantly windy and of course rains a lot being Wales, the worst thing for me is when the wind and rain combine when you're trying to walk up a hill, horrible. And of course the weather changes very rapidly, it can be pouring down with rain one minute, then an hour later not a cloud in the sky!

Oh and if you like snow its not a great place either, in the recent 'Big Freeze', the whole coutry was pretty much covered, except for Bangor that is. Admittedly I wasn't here for that, but I believe there wasn't much more than just a bit of sleet in Bangor, whereas everywhere else including Anglesey had a few inches at least.
(edited 11 years ago)
were you born in Summer then?:smile:
Yeah, i like it though, it's all busy and city like and cool, but yeah i'm bad enough on trains where i live, i always try and avoid eye contact and my face just spazzes if someone's sat opposite me haha. So yeah, London's probably a million times busier!

no im a winter baby, was born in Oct. are you a summer baby?
it is, PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME D:
Hi Guys :biggrin: I've had an unconditional to study Welsh in Bangor :biggrin: so I'll more than likely be staying in the Welsh halls (JMJ), but I'm still not sure whether to stay in an English halls to meet people from all over the country and all on different courses..its so hard to decide! Any advice?

Oes na rhywun arall yn mynd i astudio'r Gymraeg?

Thanks xx
Reply 69
Original post by Olie
It certainly has its pros and cons weather wise. In the summer, it can be a fantastic place to live/study on a warm sunny day, you can see the mountains clearly and everyone flocks to the pier and the whole place has a lovely feel to it. But and its a big but, the weather can often be ****ing dreadful and imo a pretty miserable place in the winter, it can be almost constantly windy and of course rains a lot being Wales, the worst thing for me is when the wind and rain combine when you're trying to walk up a hill, horrible. And of course the weather changes very rapidly, it can be pouring down with rain one minute, then an hour later not a cloud in the sky!

Oh and if you like snow its not a great place either, in the recent 'Big Freeze', the whole coutry was pretty much covered, except for Bangor that is. Admittedly I wasn't here for that, but I believe there wasn't much more than just a bit of sleet in Bangor, whereas everywhere else including Anglesey had a few inches at least.

So basically it's the worst place to go weather wise haha. Oh dear. I might just bring a portable heater and a pair of sunglasses with me so it feels like it's sunny.
But yeah tbh England isn't much better, i was walking to work and the rain and wind and snow and basically every weather ever was pushing me back and going in my face so it took me like ten years to get there.
Are you at uni there now then??
Reply 70
no im a winter baby, was born in Oct. are you a summer baby?
it is, PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME D:

I guess that's midway between winter and summer though, so i'll still accept you as a summery person :P Yess, end of July, my birthday's always been in the summer holidays woo.
Haha, BREATHE, YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS
Reply 71
So basically it's the worst place to go weather wise haha. Oh dear. I might just bring a portable heater and a pair of sunglasses with me so it feels like it's sunny.
But yeah tbh England isn't much better, i was walking to work and the rain and wind and snow and basically every weather ever was pushing me back and going in my face so it took me like ten years to get there.
Are you at uni there now then??

Actually that reminds me, one good thing weather wise is that being next to the sea it isn't as cold as most places, whenever I go home in the winter, it always feels considerably colder back in the midlands than it does here and it barely ever goes below freezing here, its just the wind makes it feel like its freezing lol. And if you're in halls in the first year I shouldn't think you'll need a portable heater, heating was fine in the hall I was in, though admittedly it was one of the newer Ffridd ones. And yeah I'm in my 3rd year, graduating in a few months:smile:
Reply 72
Original post by Olie
Actually that reminds me, one good thing weather wise is that being next to the sea it isn't as cold as most places, whenever I go home in the winter, it always feels considerably colder back in the midlands than it does here and it barely ever goes below freezing here, its just the wind makes it feel like its freezing lol. And if you're in halls in the first year I shouldn't think you'll need a portable heater, heating was fine in the hall I was in, though admittedly it was one of the newer Ffridd ones. And yeah I'm in my 3rd year, graduating in a few months:smile:

Haha okay that's good to know, wind breaker it is!:P
To be honest though the weather is **** here so bangor can't really be any worse.
Are you glad you chose Bangor?:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Sophie_Natasha
Hi Guys :biggrin: I've had an unconditional to study Welsh in Bangor :biggrin: so I'll more than likely be staying in the Welsh halls (JMJ), but I'm still not sure whether to stay in an English halls to meet people from all over the country and all on different courses..its so hard to decide! Any advice?

Oes na rhywun arall yn mynd i astudio'r Gymraeg?

Thanks xx

Well i'd say staying in the Welsh halls would help you for your course, but it might cut you off a bit from everyone else? I dunno, wherever you go i'm sure you'll be happy :smile:
Reply 74
I guess that's midway between winter and summer though, so i'll still accept you as a summery person :P Yess, end of July, my birthday's always been in the summer holidays woo.

waitwait *checks fb* YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THE DAY AFTER MINE o_o but i am... 2 years older than you lolol

Original post by Sophie_Natasha
Hi Guys

Shwmae :biggrin: Dw i ddim yn siarad cymraeg BUT IM TRYING TO LEARN yay hi :biggrin:
...wait I hope writing in welsh is ok on this site o.o Should be ok in this bit of TSR considering it's for a welsh uni I guess? Hm. Lol my 'Welsh' is awful anyway.

I'm going to lurk outside JMJ and try to catch snippets of welsh so I can improve :')
Reply 75
waitwait *checks fb* YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THE DAY AFTER MINE o_o but i am... 2 years older than you lolol

Shwmae :biggrin: Dw i ddim yn siarad cymraeg BUT IM TRYING TO LEARN yay hi :biggrin:
...wait I hope writing in welsh is ok on this site o.o Should be ok in this bit of TSR considering it's for a welsh uni I guess? Hm. Lol my 'Welsh' is awful anyway.

I'm going to lurk outside JMJ and try to catch snippets of welsh so I can improve :')

awww, it was meant to be <3
Reply 76
awww, it was meant to be <3

:P
No but imagine we ended up in the same halls like opposite each other or something omg
and then one day you'd open the fridge and it'd be full of little wool cats and so would all the cupboards and your shower :')
Reply 77
:P
No but imagine we ended up in the same halls like opposite each other or something omg
and then one day you'd open the fridge and it'd be full of little wool cats and so would all the cupboards and your shower :')

Okay, i'm praying that the above scenario won't happen. Cats freak me out sometimes. Nice knowing you and that, bye :wink:
Reply 78
Okay, i'm praying that the above scenario won't happen. Cats freak me out sometimes. Nice knowing you and that, bye :wink:

lololol i know xD ok no cats :P cats are a pain to make anyway there's like a billion parts to them :P

I'm impressed! You should add me on facebook, I'll teach you a few stuff before you go so that you can speak abit of it :smile: I can just picture it now, me coming out of JMJ and instantly knowing who you are :L

Quick Reply

Latest