Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mvwalker1
On the open day I had a tour around Gill Street, the kitchen was the biggest I'd seen at a uni an the rooms were too. With Sandby and Hampden you get what you pay for really... I'm putting my deposit down for accommodation next month and I don't think the new ones will even be completed by then so there won't be any photos so that's out of the question. Just Victoria halls and it looks the best I've seen by far and cheaper too. I'm even more confused now haha, thanks!

On the assumption I get the £3,000 National scholarship and I'm at uni 44 weeks of the year, and after deducting rent, weekly, I'd be left with
Byron/Gill South: £98
Gill Street: £105
Sandby: £120
Victoria Halls: £133

The only problem is I don't know what an okay amount to live on weekly is.

Most of my friends are already at Uni and they live on £50-60 a week and they do just fine and usually have money left at the end! Guys generally tend to spend more though. I'll be living off about £55 a week.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
I may go for Gill Street then, £105 seems more than enough :smile:
Reply 82
I may go for Gill Street then, £105 seems more than enough :smile:

I'm going for Gill Street too so see you there!
Reply 83
Original post by bexmorgan

See you around! I'll keep an eye out for you haha :smile:
Reply 84
On the open day I had a tour around Gill Street, the kitchen was the biggest I'd seen at a uni an the rooms were too. With Sandby and Hampden you get what you pay for really... I'm putting my deposit down for accommodation next month and I don't think the new ones will even be completed by then so there won't be any photos so that's out of the question. Just Victoria halls and it looks the best I've seen by far and cheaper too. I'm even more confused now haha, thanks!

On the assumption I get the £3,000 National scholarship and I'm at uni 44 weeks of the year, and after deducting rent, weekly, I'd be left with

Good calculating skills you got there. I would be eligible for the NS if my mum didn't marry a year ago damn lmao!!! That money left for Gill Street is more than enough. If you think that pensioners get around £110 a week I'm sure that is more than enough to survive on, maybe even with little treat extra! Still looking forward to seeing NTU for the first time but I applied for a Art Design Foundation course as well (a year before an undergraduate degree to see where I want to go in life etc) but I have no idea yet I am so confused. *.*
Reply 85
Haha thank you, get him to make up everything you've lost out on you've lost out on or something?! It'd only be fair I reckon. It does sound more than enough tbh especially for just the basics, I'll probably treat myself to clothes and trainers haha. It think it's really nice, I like it, the Art building is really modern. Where else have you applied?

How do you know you get the £3000 NS? Is'nt it 3000 taken off your tuition fees, not that you get given 3000? I'm hoping I will get the NS but I thought it was just money off your tuition fees? :redface: If you get cash then I'll apply for Gill Street instead of Sandby
Reply 87
Haha thank you, get him to make up everything you've lost out on you've lost out on or something?! It'd only be fair I reckon. It does sound more than enough tbh especially for just the basics, I'll probably treat myself to clothes and trainers haha. It think it's really nice, I like it, the Art building is really modern. Where else have you applied?

I've applied to huddersfield university for fashion and textile buying management, dmu for fashion buying and manchester met (but decided I dont want to go to a scary city like that) hehe :smile:
Reply 88
The photos for Byron and Gill Street South look class. Worth the extra £7 a week compared to Gill Street IMO.
Reply 89
Original post by imsosuperman
How do you know you get the £3000 NS? Is'nt it 3000 taken off your tuition fees, not that you get given 3000? I'm hoping I will get the NS but I thought it was just money off your tuition fees? :redface: If you get cash then I'll apply for Gill Street instead of Sandby

I don't definitely know if I'll receive it as unis only get a certain amount to handout but my mothers annual income is under 25K, so there's a chance. You can choose a range of combinations I think but max cash is £1,000. I'm going to choose to use it all to help with accommodation I think then I'd only have to pay £1,500 rent and the rest on my maintenance loan/grant would be living costs :redface: That's just me though. Some people may choose to use it to help with tuition fees so they have a smaller debt
Reply 90
Original post by tiger199
The photos for Byron and Gill Street South look class. Worth the extra £7 a week compared to Gill Street IMO.

Where are the photo's? :smile:

On the browse accommodation page on NTU's website!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

Top right on each page. Only illustrations, but looks ultra modern.
Reply 93
Original post by tiger199

It is quite tempting to go for one of them now instead of Gill Street but I'm still a little unsure without seeing actual photos. Maybe they will be finished by March when we book accommodation?
Reply 94
Original post by Forde
It is quite tempting to go for one of them now instead of Gill Street but I'm still a little unsure without seeing actual photos. Maybe they will be finished by March when we book accommodation?

I don't think they'll be finished by March. But, I'm not too fussed on real photos.

Living area in Gill Street doesn't look too enticing, with no sofas or TV. Just have wooden chairs around a table?

Plus it'll be 9 years old when we move in, I'm not sure whether it's good value for money?

Im hopefully going to Gill Street too! Looks alot better than some of the other accomodations!
Reply 96
Original post by kayleighwain
Im hopefully going to Gill Street too! Looks alot better than some of the other accomodations!

Definitely! Can't wait! Just want to get there now. What will you be studying? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, I can't decide on accommodation.
I honestly think Trent prices are so expensive!

I'm looking at New Hall on Clifton campus or Gill Street in the City.
Also, don't suppose anyone could reassure me?
I wanna know whether living on Clifton campus would be still be as good as those who live in the city. Any thoughts?
I'm leaning more towards New Hall as my course is based at Clifton but I'm so unsure! :s
Reply 98
Original post by katehwalts
Ah, I can't decide on accommodation.
I honestly think Trent prices are so expensive!

I'm looking at New Hall on Clifton campus or Gill Street in the City.
Also, don't suppose anyone could reassure me?
I wanna know whether living on Clifton campus would be still be as good as those who live in the city. Any thoughts?
I'm leaning more towards New Hall as my course is based at Clifton but I'm so unsure! :s

If you are based in Clifton for your course then definitely get accommodation there! I have two friends at Clifton now and they love it! There are regular night buses that are dead cheap and taxis are cheap too. Definitely a lot better than paying for commuting from city to Clifton everyday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely! Can't wait! Just want to get there now. What will you be studying? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know im so desperate to just start! Im studying Health and Social Care yourself? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending