The Student Room Group

postgrad might miss conditional offer-help!

So I was resigned not to go to LSE because I was rejected for my first choice (MSc Development Studies) but just found out I've been accepted on the second choice (MSc Global Politics). The only problem is the condition is 3.5, and my GPA is currently 3.43. I got an unexpectedly low grade in a class I took last term that will probably keep me from making the mark, even if I do very will this term.

How strict is LSE with conditions? Should I not even bother accepting the offer if I don't think I can meet the condition? I calculated my GPA in my major subject (International Relations) and it's 3.62. Will that help my case?

Thanks
Reply 1
It differs on an individual basis (they may still accept you or they may not - depends on how far off the mark you are I guess) and I suggest you contact the LSE admissions department. People here will give you a number of conflicting anecdotal stories but its the LSE admissions department that make the decision and they are a phone call away anyway! So pick up your phone and start dialing!
Reply 2
yep...go call them! it's def the best way. think about why they should lower your condition and persuade them - just make sure you are prepared!

i sent an e-mail to the programme director in march & haven't heard anything yet (but I declined the offer 3 weeks ago) -> call them!
Reply 3
I am in the same boat. My condition is unrealistically high, and I am afraid I won't be able to make it. 2 weeks ago I sent a condition waiver form to the LSE but I haven't heard from them yet. I heard it is highly unlikely that they will change a condition on ur offer, but still it is worth giving it a go. Good luck and do keep up posted abt what happened.
Ask the department... then you will have a definate answer. Best not to rely on TSR for this, and get your hopes up.

Latest

Trending

Trending