The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Scroll to see replies

London south bank here I come. Was the most nervous person a week ago but here I am. The mind can achieve that which it choose to achieve. And definitely with God all things are possible. The test was simple and it will remain simple as long as applicants practice the sample questions on the lsbu website. I am very weak in maths and I managed to score 7/10 in maths, my English was 5/5 and the essay (about vulnerable people) was 9/12 I think. The interviewers!!! OMG!!!! Are the most amazing and friendly people I have ever met. It was the most relaxing interview one can ever wish for. I could see in there eye that they just wanted me to convince them that I am the right candidate for the course because my initial application was for midwifery. The eye contact was epic 😂. I would answer a question and they sometimes ask if that was all and I will say NO, I would like to add that bla bla bla. I shook hands, I smiled all through, I even joked a little( be mindful of the kind of joke and not all interviewer will welcome such). I demonstrated with my hand when ask how I will care for a patient who can't talk or read. The other interviewer kept looking at my file while the other was asking me questions and that was when I knew the place was mine. I left a memory. I wish I had applied for nursing in the beginning but everything happens for a reason. In conclusion, failing to plan simply means planning to fail. Best of luck with anyone who is still waiting to hear from Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
London
Original post by laracious
London south bank here I come. Was the most nervous person a week ago but here I am. The mind can achieve that which it choose to achieve. And definitely with God all things are possible. The test was simple and it will remain simple as long as applicants practice the sample questions on the lsbu website. I am very weak in maths and I managed to score 7/10 in maths, my English was 5/5 and the essay (about vulnerable people) was 9/12 I think. The interviewers!!! OMG!!!! Are the most amazing and friendly people I have ever met. It was the most relaxing interview one can ever wish for. I could see in there eye that they just wanted me to convince them that I am the right candidate for the course because my initial application was for midwifery. The eye contact was epic 😂. I would answer a question and they sometimes ask if that was all and I will say NO, I would like to add that bla bla bla. I shook hands, I smiled all through, I even joked a little( be mindful of the kind of joke and not all interviewer will welcome such). I demonstrated with my hand when ask how I will care for a patient who can't talk or read. The other interviewer kept looking at my file while the other was asking me questions and that was when I knew the place was mine. I left a memory. I wish I had applied for nursing in the beginning but everything happens for a reason. In conclusion, failing to plan simply means planning to fail. Best of luck with anyone who is still waiting to hear from Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear everything went well! Which branch are you planning on doing? x
Reply 262
Original post by laracious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Original post by MollyPointon
Glad to hear everything went well! Which branch are you planning on doing? x

Thanks, it's adult nursing
Original post by mlttran
Congratulations!

Thank you
Reply 265
Hi there, please can anybody help on how to go about the APL claim for pgdip adult nursing in lsbu.please it my only option and I really need to get in. Any advise,guidance will be soo much appreciated
Reply 266
Hello Godwin,

I've recently submitted my APL claim. I would definitely advise you to attend the workshop they invite you to. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you'd like during the workshop or email the senior lecturer (Martina O'Brien) for some guidance. The lecturers are very helpful. You would definitely need to delve into your past experiences at university and dig out skills you've gained e.g. research skills while completing an essay or collecting data for a project etc. You'll need to give evidence of each skill point on the claim so make sure you give specific modules and how you gained that skill via practical/assignments. Once you've given evidence of how you gained that skill, you'll need to say why/how the skill will be used in nursing/the nursing course.

I hope that helped. It took me a good 7 drafts until it was completed. The lecturer will continue to give you feedback until they feel you have given enough supporting evidence for a successful claim. So, don't feel disheartened if you keep getting your drafts back with comments. Good luck.
Reply 267
Thank you very much for your time.its just looks soo complicated I don't know what question to ask,plus I am not sure if I was invited for a workshop,I will check my email again.thanks
Reply 268
Original post by Godwiin
Thank you very much for your time.its just looks soo complicated I don't know what question to ask,plus I am not sure if I was invited for a workshop,I will check my email again.thanks

Yeah I think it was a week until I was sent an email inviting me to a workshop. But do continue to check your emails. I felt the same way. I was really confused and didn't know what they wanted me to write. It would really help if you had your degree transcript and assignments ready to refer back to if, like me, you graduated a few years ago.
Reply 269
Thank a lot ,I just checked my email now no workshop invitation but I will continue checking.maybe I should email the coordinator to ask when it's going to be cos I have less than 2 weeks for the final claim and like 4 days for the first draft.thank for your time
Hi I am already a student at LSBU for childrens nursing, if anyone needs any help with anything just let me know. :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by Donnabing
Hi I am already a student at LSBU for childrens nursing, if anyone needs any help with anything just let me know. :smile:

Hiya. I'm sure I will have questions! I have to choose between Southbank and City uni by this Thursday, for a place on the pgdip children's nursing course. Are you on the pgdip or the undergrad course for children's nursing? Any info about the course would be fantastic!!
Reply 272
Original post by mlttran
Yeah I think it was a week until I was sent an email inviting me to a workshop. But do continue to check your emails. I felt the same way. I was really confused and didn't know what they wanted me to write. It would really help if you had your degree transcript and assignments ready to refer back to if, like me, you graduated a few years ago.

Hi there,sorry to disturb you again. I submitted the 3rd draft of my APL today but the coordinator still had some corrections to make and she said she is going for holiday till 11th of August and to submit the next one then. I just want to know what next after APL and if August will not be to late. Because I was hoping to get the final decision today and possibly go for clearance if there is any problem. How do we apply for NHS funding.please any Guadiance will be helpful
Original post by GH1989
Hiya. I'm sure I will have questions! I have to choose between Southbank and City uni by this Thursday, for a place on the pgdip children's nursing course. Are you on the pgdip or the undergrad course for children's nursing? Any info about the course would be fantastic!!

Hi i'm doing the undergraduate but I met one of the other ladies on the PGDIP as we were on placement at the begining of the year together. Its a tough course and think the PgDIp is very busy compared to the undergraduate degree.
congratulations to all those with offers, enjoiy the little time you have now before september as you will hit the ground running. I am going into my second year during transition and really excited but scared. Nursing in my opinion is not well structured because of the power given to mentors.
Reply 275
Original post by pretty priscy
congratulations to all those with offers, enjoiy the little time you have now before september as you will hit the ground running. I am going into my second year during transition and really excited but scared. Nursing in my opinion is not well structured because of the power given to mentors.

Hello there,please how many days are you in the ward and how many are you in class.how does you typical week look like
Hello. I'm going to study post graduate diploma in mental health nursing. Anyone going to do the same course or already on the course.
Reply 277
Original post by staceyanne279
Hello. I'm going to study post graduate diploma in mental health nursing. Anyone going to do the same course or already on the course.

Hello, I am going 4 pg adult nursing.my APL is yet to be approved and the coordinator is going on vacation till August , I don't know if that is going to be to late for me.how did yours go
Original post by Godwiin
Hello, I am going 4 pg adult nursing.my APL is yet to be approved and the coordinator is going on vacation till August , I don't know if that is going to be to late for me.how did yours go

Hi Godwin I'm sure u will be fine. I had to hand in mine by the 1st of July. I got my confirmation on UCAS on Monday but have not got the results from south bank uni yet. When was your dealine
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Godwiin

Did you attend the workshop for Apl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending