The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by pretty priscy
I have the electronic copy of the workbook but I think it's too much to pay and print by yourself .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see. Would just like to have it already! Hopefully they will send it through soon! Thanks though!
London
Original post by GH1989
Hi Stacey. Have you had your science workbook and APL form through yet? Am still waiting on mine!

What is an APL form? Also I was not aware there is a science workbook, do we all get them? Thanks
Reply 302
Original post by Katieb55
What is an APL form? Also I was not aware there is a science workbook, do we all get them? Thanks

Are you going for a pgdip course,if not don't worry about it.if you are just let me know
Reply 303
Original post by staceyanne279
Its quiet straight forward and they is a video on how to do it. I watched the video first then did my application.

Hi there. I'm doing my APL form at the moment, and have just seen there is a video on how to do it. Is there a link to this anywhere, as I haven't received the video?
Original post by GH1989
Hi there. I'm doing my APL form at the moment, and have just seen there is a video on how to do it. Is there a link to this anywhere, as I haven't received the video?

NHS bursary not apl
Original post by GH1989

Have you finished your apl ? If not I can try to help
Reply 306

Thank you! That would be so helpful! I have almost finished it, but only got sent it on Monday, so no more workshops available. I just have a couple of questions:
1) Is Part 1 solely made up of knowledge learnt during my first degree, or can I incorporate any employment in there?
2) In Part 1, what does Graduate Skills mean?
3) In Part 1, what does Work Effectively Across Boundaries mean?
4) Do you have to have something in every box?

Any help with this would be so appreciated! Thank you!
Original post by GH1989
Thank you! That would be so helpful! I have almost finished it, but only got sent it on Monday, so no more workshops available. I just have a couple of questions:
1) Is Part 1 solely made up of knowledge learnt during my first degree, or canincorporate any employment in ther

2) In Part 1, what does Graduate Skills mean?
3) In Part 1, what does Work Effectively Across Boundaries mean?
4) Do you have to have something in every box?

Any help with this would be so appreciated! Thank you!

Can u inbox me
Can someone who is already a student at lsbu studying adult nursing please explain or tell me how many days a week do they attend uni ? I am just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 309

Just doing the APL form and wondering who you all got to do the verifying signature for your practical experience? Does it have to be a registered professional? ie nurse or teacher
Original post by JayneA
Just doing the APL form and wondering who you all got to do the verifying signature for your practical experience? Does it have to be a registered professional? ie nurse or teacher

It has to be a registered professional
Reply 311
Does anyone know when the pg dip adult nursing course starts? Im a bit confused. Ive been given three different dates...
Reply 312
Original post by mlttran
Does anyone know when the pg dip adult nursing course starts? Im a bit confused. Ive been given three different dates...

I'm doing PGDip Children's nursing and I've been told the 28th September...hope that helps!
Reply 313
Original post by GH1989
I'm doing PGDip Children's nursing and I've been told the 28th September...hope that helps!

Thank you. I was told the same date but admissions is saying induction is on 7th of Sept and on the website it says 14th of Sept... Il wait for Martina to reply.
Reply 314
Hi there ,please I need some advise on how your final APL portfolio should look like and how does the appendices look like. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Original post by laracious
Can someone who is already a student at lsbu studying adult nursing please explain or tell me how many days a week do they attend uni ? I am just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is hard to explain. Well here goes Your number of days in uni will vary depending on your group. I was in group C and from September to November we were all in one big group. Adult, mental health, children, midwifery and learning disabilities were all in life sciences and drug calculations classes. At the same time, that, we were put in groups relating to theories and practices of specific fields. So life sciences was 3 hours on Monday from 09:00am. Break for 1 hour and we go for extra lessons on the science work book or weekly tests. We closed at 2:30/ 3pm depending on the lecturer. We did drug calculations on Thursday for 2hours and that was it for the week. When we had covered all the modules, All of group A and B1 main went on their 12 week placement and the rest of us were going for skills once a week for 3 hours a day. We got 2 weeks break to study for exams , not going to uni but they were on placements . That is only for semester 1. It's hard to explain and I hope this helps. Your timetable can even be changed a day or 2 days before so you have to keep checking before you leave your house. I don't think you should concern yourself much this is a full time course and they take attendance seriously I advice you make good arrangements if u Hv a child or children .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 316
Original post by Godwiin
Hi there ,please I need some advise on how your final APL portfolio should look like and how does the appendices look like. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi. What exactly do you need help with on the APL form and I will see what i can do to help.
Reply 317
Original post by GH1989
Hi. What exactly do you need help with on the APL form and I will see what i can do to help.

Thank you very much. ok, I already have everything but I don't know how I should submit it,should I just email all the document one by one or take the hard copy to school. my coordinator is on holiday and she just said to get the final portfolio to her. And she said something about appendices. I just don't know how the portfolio should look like and appendices ??? Hope u get my point.
Reply 318
Original post by pretty priscy
This is hard to explain. Well here goes Your number of days in uni will vary depending on your group. I was in group C and from September to November we were all in one big group. Adult, mental health, children, midwifery and learning disabilities were all in life sciences and drug calculations classes. At the same time, that, we were put in groups relating to theories and practices of specific fields. So life sciences was 3 hours on Monday from 09:00am. Break for 1 hour and we go for extra lessons on the science work book or weekly tests. We closed at 2:30/ 3pm depending on the lecturer. We did drug calculations on Thursday for 2hours and that was it for the week. When we had covered all the modules, All of group A and B1 main went on their 12 week placement and the rest of us were going for skills once a week for 3 hours a day. We got 2 weeks break to study for exams , not going to uni but they were on placements . That is only for semester 1. It's hard to explain and I hope this helps. Your timetable can even be changed a day or 2 days before so you have to keep checking before you leave your house. I don't think you should concern yourself much this is a full time course and they take attendance seriously I advice you make good arrangements if u Hv a child or children .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the insight. Which course did you do e.g.BSc/Pg Dip adult nursing?
Original post by mlttran
Thank you for the insight. Which course did you do e.g.BSc/Pg Dip adult nursing?

Adult and am still there not done yet. Just completed year 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending