The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GKT
Lana am sure you are in. They would have informed you by now if you failed.

Fingers crossed! so few spaces thou 49-50 she said... you really have to be "wow"! and I really wasn't.
Its all good experience, and it is so nice meeting and chatting to new faces.

GOOD LUCK :smile:
London
Reply 401
Original post by Lana1980
Fingers crossed! so few spaces thou 49-50 she said... you really have to be "wow"! and I really wasn't.

Fingers crossed...but you are in..was the essay tough?.do keep posted...
(edited 8 years ago)
The essay was ok. 15 minutes, no word limit yah!
Original post by GKT
Fingers crossed...but you are in..was the essay tough?.do keep posted...
Got my interview for Children's nursing on 10th feb! anyone else coming this day?
Reply 404

Hi Lana, I've just been offered an interview for March 1st what kind of things did were you asked? And does LSBU do Multiple Mini Interviews? Thank you
Reply 405
I had my assessment day on the 20th Jan and today got an interview for the 25 Feb.

Good luck guys.
Reply 406
Hi all i have my interview on the 16th march seems so far away any points or tips as what is in the interview and essay please would be greatly appreciated thank you
any body else going for interview in march x
Original post by pauljmcardle
Do you remember the different scenarios by any chance?? Thanks a million for the advice

I've had 3 similar interviews but the questions are to test how you cope in situations

Like you see a colleague stealing what would you do.

A patient has learning difficulties and has come in to have his tonsils removed. You can tell he seems scared and doesn't understand why he is there what do you do

On your way to the hospital for a check up You see two large women by the entrance smoking and eating chocolate cake when you go in to your appointment you recognise one for the ladies as your nurse she tells you to loose 6-8kg how do you react.
Original post by ReaErin
I've had 3 similar interviews but the questions are to test how you cope in situations

A patient has learning difficulties and has come in to have his tonsils removed. You can tell he seems scared and doesn't understand why he is there what do you do

On your way to the hospital for a check up You see two large women by the entrance smoking and eating chocolate cake when you go in to your appointment you recognise one for the ladies as your nurse she tells you to loose 6-8kg how do you react.

wow thanks for that erin, they are completely random questions lol
Original post by ReaErin

Did you also have to write an essay on a certain topic?
Yes but I can remember exactly what the question was as I had it in early December. But for Anglica Ruskin it was how nurses are portrayed as uncaring and you had to discuss why you think that was.
Original post by ReaErin
Yes but I can remember exactly what the question was as I had it in early December. But for Anglica Ruskin it was how nurses are portrayed as uncaring and you had to discuss why you think that was.

Thanks, you had yours awhile back so.. Have you been accepted did you say??
Reply 412
I got mine on the 2nd of March (adult nursing) and 4th of March (children nursing). if they're scenarios based questions only You can't prepare yourself much?
Does anyone know how many spaces Are for children nursing?
Good luck for You all :wink:
Has anyone had tests at Kings? If so, how long did it take for you to find out? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414

Hey just from interviews at LSBU I feel the nerves got a hold of me......given me a headache now. God help us!
Reply 415
Fingers crossed for you @GKT. Do u remember any of the questions at all?
Reply 416
Original post by Kayde
Fingers crossed for you @GKT. Do u remember any of the questions at all?

They are very random questions that's y I got throw. Punching my head at the moment!!!!
I have mine on Wednesday at 3..... it will be a nightmare with nerves
Reply 418
Do You remember the types of question? Were they like scenario based or more like 'current issues in nhs'?
Had my childrens nursing interview today at LSBU and was told there are just under 250 places, so hopefully more chance of getting in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending