The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Hi, I have my interview for adult nursing at LSBU on Tuesday.

Does anybody have any advice from experience/what people have heard? It was hinted when I toured that questions about diversity would come back.

Also what should I wear? Should I wear something quite smart or could I go more smart/casual?

It's not my first choice but it would be reasuring for my other interviews if this one goes well.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have pm'ed you :-)
London
Reply 2
Original post by tom6326

Hey tom6326 I would really apreciate it if you could pm me too :colondollar:, my interview is on tuesday also and Im ****ting myself lol. Ive been rejected by 4 unis so this is my last hope :frown: Thank youuuuu:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by NH2010
Hey tom6326 I would really apreciate it if you could pm me too :colondollar:, my interview is on tuesday also and Im ****ting myself lol. Ive been rejected by 4 unis so this is my last hope :frown: Thank youuuuu:smile:

Ok will PM now
Reply 4
Original post by tom6326
Ok will PM now

Hi tom6326 I have an interview on Tuesday as well, I would really appreciate some help, this is my first interview and I'm a bit scared ...
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hannahcg
Hi tom6326 I have an interview on Tuesday as well, I would really appreciate some help, this is my first interview and I'm a bit scared ...
Thank you :smile:

Pmed
Reply 6
Hey i have one too soon! how did yours go? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by tom6326

Hi tom6326, really sorry...would it be possible you could give me any tips too? Would be extremely grateful!
Reply 8
Unfortunately I had a family emergency the night before my interview so I didn't feel like I could go... LSBU were very understanding and they let me change the date, so it's now not until the 29th of January! Let me know how yours goes :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tom6326
Pmed

Hi sorry for jumping on the band wagon but I have an interview for lsbu children's nursing in a week and a bit so any interview help or topics that may come up would be great x
Reply 10
I have my interview tomorrow now due to trains being a complete mess and i had only made it to the next town by the time of my interview. So glad i could change it! But I'm just as scared and nervous like before..
Reply 11
Original post by hannahcg
I have my interview tomorrow now due to trains being a complete mess and i had only made it to the next town by the time of my interview. So glad i could change it! But I'm just as scared and nervous like before..

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine! :smile:
Reply 12
How long did Lsbu take to get back to you? My ucas application wasn't sent until December and they're my first choice. Hope I get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi guys
I have now had 2 interviews at LSBU over the last couple of years and have recieved two offers! (couldnt go to uni last year for financial reasons but plan on starting childrens nursing sept 13 :smile:)
I have found south bank just great each time i have been. The exams aren't too bad - do practice papers which can be found online and its very similar (if not the same!!).
The interviews have both been similar but il tell you about my interview this year:
Interviewed by one of the lecturers and a nurse from GOSH - both were so welcoming and friendly i felt very relaxed straight away. They wanted to confirmed ID and exam certificates first, as well as previous employment. They mainly asked about my personal statement and pulled out questions from that so id say have a good read through your personal statement before you go in. I work as a HCA on a childrens ward so they asked me a lot about my experience there and they seemed really interested - so any relevant experience you have be prepared to talk a lot a bout it. They asked about my skills, experiences, they even asked what my most emotional experience had been! They asked how i will adapt to be a student, how i planned on getting to uni (ie commuting or living in halls). They asked about being professional and how i thought it was best done. They were so friendly that i felt very relaxed the whole time and were happy to help when i said i needed a moment to think about my answer!! good luck to everyone!!
Reply 14
i have interview at LSB in tuesday plssss any tipssss helpppp:frown:
Hi Everyone, Im new on here!
I have just been invited to interview at LSU Havering for adult nursing in Feb and could really do with some advice!
Its my first ever uni interview and despite being a confident person the pressure of so much riding on this one interview has rattled me! Any tips or advice on what to do and what not to do??
Reply 16
Hi everyone!
Had my interview yesterday morning and it must've gone alright in the end, as I had an offer by the same afternoon!! I was nearly first in so I was done by 11.
Okay so I did dress smartly - I actually felt more confident/mature in them :tongue:

The numeracy and literacy test were simple - they didn't tell me my answers/score (I forgot to ask) but it was nearly identical to the practice tests online, and there was only one question I struggled on so I think I did okay :smile:

They imterviewers were really nice. I had a few seconds in the middle where my words were on my tongue I just couldn't get them out! They gave me a second to think and breathe and they read out the question again, which was really nice.
The questions I can remember:
Why do you want to be an adult nurse? (as opposed to childs etc)
How would you connect with patients who are older/much younger than you, who you don't have much in common with?
How would you deal with death on the ward of a patient you had connected with?
What is the role of a nurse in the hospital? And in the community?
How would you cope when there is a lot of stress on the ward? (something like that about dealing with pressure/stress)
How would you communicate with a patient who has speech difficulties? (I found the hardest to answer)

Thank you for all your comments and good luck!!! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone else have an LSBU Havering interview on Feb 6th?
Reply 18
Original post by adultnursenikki
Does anyone else have an LSBU Havering interview on Feb 6th?

I have an interview there too. Soo nervous.. It's gonna be my first interview, I've got no idea what to expect :frown:

if anyone's been on an interview for LSBU... And they remember any of the questions it would really help :smile:
Reply 19
Hi,
I have interview for adult nursing next week? Can anyone help as am really nervous. The topic for the essay and the interview questions. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending