The Student Room Group

Bursary eligibility

Hello everybody, I have a question regarding student finance and bursary eligibility. One of the universities I have applied to offer a bursary of £3k to students whose household income is below £25k. If I were to defer my entry by a year to work full time, would this mean I would no longer be entitled to the bursary the following year as the household income is no longer below £25k?
Reply 1
Original post by Pachelbel
Hello everybody, I have a question regarding student finance and bursary eligibility. One of the universities I have applied to offer a bursary of £3k to students whose household income is below £25k. If I were to defer my entry by a year to work full time, would this mean I would no longer be entitled to the bursary the following year as the household income is no longer below £25k?

household income doesn't include yours unless your are an independant student or estranged from your parents.
Reply 2
Original post by Pachelbel

You would then only get the bursary if you're over 25, been working full time for 3 yearsm (or receiving benefits) a parent, married before the academic year or estranged from your parents. For the latter, you don't need to have been estranged for 3 years.

If none of the above apply, then your parents income would be taken into account.
Reply 3
Thank you for the swift response, much appreciated :smile:

Are you both certain that it is just my parents income that is taken into account? On the student finance calculator where I am asked of annual household income it says that this value is "your parents' or partner's income plus your own".
Reply 4
The "partners income plus your own" is for independent students.
Reply 5
I see. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending