The Student Room Group

applying to med school (int'l student)

Hi guys,

I'm from Mexico... but I went to a private high school in the US. My family recently decided to move to Europe (Germany to be more specific) and my plan before all of this happened was to study medicine in Mexico. But now I'm looking into applying to European universities. I was wondering if I could get any advice on what medical schools to apply to in England, what the procedures are, and how competitive it is to get in. I would *really* appreciate your help. Thanks!
Reply 1
So you'll graduate with a German Abitur?

What will your grades be?

Sorry, just want to know where you stand right now before I'll go into any detail.
Reply 2
application to all english medical schools is through UCAS and it is very competitive
Reply 3
You will have to fill in a UCAS form http://www.ucas.co.uk/ by mid october which will include a one page personal statement and all the grades that you have achieved. You are allowed to pick 4 medical schools to apply to and if you want to you can pick 2 non medical courses. It is competitive to get into a uk medical school and it may be even harder for you because I am pretty sure that you having not living in the EU for 3 years you would be considered and international student for which most universities have a quota (or though this could be wronge). In terms of choosing a university your best bet would be to look at the links to that university web sites which are provided in a sticky at the top of the page and mabe request some prospectuses, If you have any questions about the medical schools I am sure people here will do their best to help

Rachel
Reply 4
Thanks a bunch =)
I did some researching and I've found that it is quite difficult to get in to a med school in the UK as an international student. But could you guys make any recommendations on which schools accept the most international students?
Reply 5
monsi
Thanks a bunch =)
I did some researching and I've found that it is quite difficult to get in to a med school in the UK as an international student. But could you guys make any recommendations on which schools accept the most international students?

There's an international student cap of 10%. Look at how many places each school has (here is a good site to start with:http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/), and work it out...

Latest

Trending

Trending