The Student Room Group

Mitigating circumstances for previous year?

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of claiming mitigating cirmcumstances for a previous year at university? Last year I had a pretty crap year and as a consequence only got 52% (over the rest of the course of my degree I've been getting 2.1s). I was diagnosed with depression in July and started counselling and medication in October. I'm doing a lot better at the moment and have been trying really hard at uni, but I'm worried about how much I ****ed up last since year it's worth 10% of my degree grade. I don't really have any proof that I had depression last academic year except a couple of emails I sent to my personal tutor and the counselling service at uni which I never followed up on. Do you think if I approached them now they might consider it?
By all means talk to your department, but in my department you always have to submit mitigating circumstances before you sit the exam / the essay deadline passes.

It's only 10% though - it's not like you can't recover from that and get better grades overall.
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
By all means talk to your department, but in my department you always have to submit mitigating circumstances before you sit the exam / the essay deadline passes.

It's only 10% though - it's not like you can't recover from that and get better grades overall.

Thanks, I asked about it last year but never followed it up. );

I've had a look at the policy on mitigating cirmcumstances and I don't remember seeing anything which said it had to be handed in before the work was submitted...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending