The Student Room Group

Integral Education Method

Hi All, We are facing a huge opportunity for those who recognize that a education must change in order to reflect our new level of globalization and connection. We should get together with all European communities that feels that we need to generate a comprehensive mutual exchange in order to overcome obstacles and create conditions for sustainable growth. There is a European vision of unity and stability, common to all citizens, and this vision needs to be nurtured and emphasized as our outmost goal. I have attended one of the trainings by ENGL which uses a new method and approach of learning for our children.
What they use is CLAIRE [Comprehensive Learning Approach for Innovative Response in Education] is an educational framework, designed out of the most relevant educational and psychological approaches they have today and developed according to the needs of a modern classroom and its students. CLAIRE strives to bring out the best of all the various education standards and teachings and deliver this method it to educators in a clear, simple and usable way.
I was really suprised how effective and innovative it was if we could implement it within the schools. One of the things was the
emphasis on the importance of experiential learning and relevancy of deep understanding of the study matter, and not only pure fact-memorizing, reshaping by this the values and definition of knowledge toward a more broad sense of education and upbringing.

I think is just a start and a good one, there are many organisation who are developing this method of an education. So if you know any similar, ones let's share it.:smile:

http://rethinkeducation_eu.s2.2serv.eu/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
but do they need to learn their times tables ?
Reply 2
Using such a soulless wall of text is hardly a good way to raise awareness of whatever project you are trying to promote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending