The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

HELP

I need to choose between two universities which are Swansea uni and Winchester Uni to study psychology.

Con of Swansea:

1) Apparently according to my teacher, Swansea is a bit 'behind' and not a 'wealthy' town. She thinks that I wont like it there as I am a social-able person.
2) its in Wales.

Pro of Swansea:

1) Its better ranked than Winchester
2)Its by the Sea!
3) I like the course there better.

Con of winchester:
1) Small uni, few students
2) course is ookay, but i perfer swansea's
3) THE GIRL BOY RATIO IS RIDICULOUS. there are so many girls.

Pro of Winchester:
1) its in England
2)Better access to London and other towns/cities

help mee!

i cant choose. Which you think is better uni and why? could if you tell me what each place is like and if my teacher is right about Swansea? HELP! thanks.
whoa whoa whoa hold on why is 2 a con for Swansea? Do explain?

To be honest, you need to visit both unis, and both cities. My view is that both your cons for Swansea are complete rubbish, but I'm rather enamored with the place and want to go there for uni.

Winchester will be bloody expensive from what I've heard though, whereas Swansea will be cheaper. Perhaps the 'wealthy' town thing is a plus? You certainly won't be short of opportunities for socializing. Hell, if Winchester is the smaller uni and has a crap boy/girl ratio socializing would probably be better at Swansea

But I refer to what I first said. Visit them!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Hi Sannah, I live in swansea about a 20-25 minute drive away from the Uni. I love it so much that it is MY ONLY choice for uni. Unlike all my classmates, I have made just the one UCAS choice, Swansea. I studied there in the summer for a month, it was amazing. You can walk to the town centre and you are not lacking anything there, all major shops and some pretty boutiquey ones. I made amazing friends there, Myself and another girl I met bought roller blades one day and skated to Mumbles (beautiful, famous, pretty seaside tourist village). As I'm sure you've seen, the beach is a 90 second walk! So we literally walked out the front and we were on the seafront. The bar has a cool chilled out atmosphere and it's the kind of place where you just have conversations with strangers (if you feel like it). One Monday we had a fancy dress party, Tuesday we went to laser zone, Wednesday we done zumba, Thursday we had a free running / parkour lesson...so on and so forth. If you're a nightlife kinda person then I'm sure our WindStreet sounds appealing! Best nights ever there. Massive strip of bars and clubs, all modern, nothing "behind" haha cheap drinks, wednesday student night you can get drinks for one pound. If you're sporty then I have seen about 12 teams and there's a massive gym cross the road. Have fun making your decision! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest