The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stargirl771
Hello! What countries would you suggest? Im thinking about debrecen, but all this talk about the difficulty is scaring me, Im from canada btw.Thanks!

Hey I would definitely not recommend hungarian universities (I'm currently doing dent at debrecen) the university is making it extremely hard to pass the exams introducing new ways to take tests etc.

I would recommend looking at lublin in poland, uem in spain, pavol joszef in slovakia and also romania such as oradea!
Original post by TheAnonymousGuy
If you studied A-Level subjects in biology, chemistry and physics that should suffice. The written paper is fairly straightforward and easy, if it's still the same you only need 40% to pass in it, however if you perform very well it will make your oral interview/exam much easier as they won't ask as much. On the other hand, don't lose hope if you don't think you did well or if you indeed fail as the oral interview holds much more weight and if you exceed in that you can still be admitted.

I would recommend that your basics in each topic of each subject is strong and it would help if you can discuss some further complex areas of the topic you're talking about. But, there is a large emphasis on basic knowledge.

I'd be happy to answer any further questions, I am now at the University of Pécs so if anyone is interested in that or is already applying I can help with that too.

hey thanks alot for the info..
i am applying for medicine in the university of Debrecen.. my entrance exam is in january and i complete my AS level and currently doing my A levels... i need some guidance regarding the entrance exam like is it true that if we get less than 40% they might take us to pre medical studies or can they even say a straight NO ...?? i am working hard to get more than 50% but still nervous ... thanks man
Reply 22
Hello! I am going to the university of debrecen! If anyone wanted to become friends before we go there, drop me a message!! :smile:
heyy cherryyy
i m planning to go there as well so i hope we become friends :P
but i still have to give my entrance exam in january
are u already done with ur exam and did u get accepted?
heyy cherryyy i m planning to go there as well so i hope we become friends :P but i still have to give my entrance exam in january are u already done with ur exam and did u get accepted?
Original post by anaya123
heyy cherryyy i m planning to go there as well so i hope we become friends :P but i still have to give my entrance exam in january are u already done with ur exam and did u get accepted?

Hey,

I am interested to go study medicine at University of Debrecen too!!I have already applied and will be looking to do the exam in July....are you currently doing your A2?
Original post by ApplesTrees
Hey,

I am interested to go study medicine at University of Debrecen too!!I have already applied and will be looking to do the exam in July....are you currently doing your A2?

heyy yahh that will be awesome if we both get accepted man... i applied to debrecen already and my exam is in january and i am hoping to pass that with good score to get into year one... i m done with my AS level and currently doing my Alevels in BIO, PHYS and CHEM..
u are doing the same stuff that i m doing OMG thats great we will be together then :smile::smile::smile:
heyy yahh that will be awesome if we both get accepted man... i applied to debrecen already and my exam is in january and i am hoping to pass that with good score to get into year one... i m done with my AS level and currently doing my Alevels in BIO, PHYS and CHEM..
u are doing the same stuff that i m doing OMG thats great we will be together then :smile::smile::smile:

Hey, yes we will be together lol....I am doing Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths at A-Levels...How come you are taking exam in Jan....I would prefer that too. Are you applying through an agency? Or direct?
Original post by ApplesTrees
Hey, yes we will be together lol....I am doing Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths at A-Levels...How come you are taking exam in Jan....I would prefer that too. Are you applying through an agency? Or direct?

hey yaah i wass wondering as well that why u giving exam soo late
btw i applied through an agency and they told me that i have exam option in jan and in march and i preffered giving in jan
or maybe the exam shedule is different for different countries...
i m applying from UAE
where are u from and where are u applying from??
(edited 7 years ago)
btw i applied through an agency and they told me that i have exam option in jan and in march and i preffered giving in jan
i m applying from UAE

I from from UK and that's where I will be applying from....
i m applying from UAE

What's the agency called you are applying through?
Reply 31
Original post by eMID
Well, my daughter was a student here and this is why she was made to fail, even though she knew all her stuff for the exam. There is a lot more that I can't say because they might take me to court for slander, or some BS thing. Bottom line though, you've either got to be incredibly lucky or have a photographic memory that allows you to remember entire textbooks.

So it means your daughter has failed oral and was asked to leave the University? what is she doing now? did she continued with dentistry else where or she has changed her carrier altogether?
Reply 32
Original post by TheAnonymousGuy
If you studied A-Level subjects in biology, chemistry and physics that should suffice. The written paper is fairly straightforward and easy, if it's still the same you only need 40% to pass in it, however if you perform very well it will make your oral interview/exam much easier as they won't ask as much. On the other hand, don't lose hope if you don't think you did well or if you indeed fail as the oral interview holds much more weight and if you exceed in that you can still be admitted.

I would recommend that your basics in each topic of each subject is strong and it would help if you can discuss some further complex areas of the topic you're talking about. But, there is a large emphasis on basic knowledge.

I'd be happy to answer any further questions, I am now at the University of Pécs so if anyone is interested in that or is already applying I can help with that too.

I have serval questions. Please send me an email at [email protected] so I can reach out to you. Would very much appreciate it.
What type of questions can I expect during interview for Bsc in chemistry at University of Pècs?Does it carry technical questions?
Original post by eMID
Hi All
just a word of caution for any prospective student who are thinking of coming to Debrecen to study medicine or dentistry - DONT! or think very carefully before you decide on Debrecen for the following reasons...
1. the exams are based on luck most of the times especially the oral exams,as there have been numerous times where you have answered all the questions and if you answer just one and I mean one question wrong then you will have failed.
2. another occasion a student passed the exam but was failed because they had too many students who had passed before him. it depends on who the examiners are, and when the exam takes place.
3. at times the examiners will actively give big hints for the answer, and almost giving you the answer.

the exams are based on how lucky you are and if the examiner likes you.
Most of the lecturers are not approachable and there is "zero" pastoral care, although there are a few who care, but these are the exception and not the rule
The examiners/University will try to find any way that they can to trip you up and make you fail, as the whole University depends on their foreign students and the income that they bring.
There is a very good chance that a large number of students will end up repeating one year during the 6 years.

There is also zero student support by the University and students have to depend on their classmates and fellow students to get through the exams.
Compared to the American and British universities, the workload is relentless, and never ends, which when the students work exceptionally hard,can end up failing and leaving. This goes for most if not all the eastern european universities, so please think very carefully before you consider Debrecen, and if you have another choice than I would strongly recommend this.

Accidentally saw this post. The person who wrote is a lier. This is absolutely not true. Nobody can fail you if you know even the basic. I went through all the "worst" professors of the university and always got 5. I saw many students who studied 10 hours a day, but they DON'T understand. Also, almost ALL they lectures are super nice and very approachable. I was invited to the rooms of many heads of departments and was invited to several lecturer's houses to meet their family. I would say that there many students who graduated with luck, but NOBODY fails because of unluck. Those who failed may complain that why her classmates was more lucky, but it does not mean that she deserved to pass.

All those who could not study in here went to university of Pesc or Poland, or somewhere else. Those are much worse in quality comparing with the University of Debrecen.
Reply 35
Original post by Michaell1
Accidentally saw this post. The person who wrote is a lier. This is absolutely not true. Nobody can fail you if you know even the basic. I went through all the "worst" professors of the university and always got 5. I saw many students who studied 10 hours a day, but they DON'T understand. Also, almost ALL they lectures are super nice and very approachable. I was invited to the rooms of many heads of departments and was invited to several lecturer's houses to meet their family. I would say that there many students who graduated with luck, but NOBODY fails because of unluck. Those who failed may complain that why her classmates was more lucky, but it does not mean that she deserved to pass.

All those who could not study in here went to university of Pesc or Poland, or somewhere else. Those are much worse in quality comparing with the University of Debrecen.

Medical schools in Eastern are bad in general. Think about why they need to take foreign students. It's all about money. They called it English program, but it is far from that. Due to the language barrier, sometimes it is harder for professors to teach the students in English than their local language. If you talk about quality, I would say all the English programs are about the same. The only different might be how hard the tests can be to fail students just to control the quality of the students. For me, it just does not make sense. Having a hard time passing tests does not mean you get good education. I know the oral tests might not be objective. It depends on professors or something else. I would choose Poland over Hungary.

Latest

Trending

Trending